Library Materials Selector Responsibilities
- Materials Selection
- Regularly reviews publishers catalogs and other key selection tools; processes approval books, firm orders, and reviews gifts following standard procedures in a timely manner.
- When applicable, monitors performance of approval and/or blanket order plans and provides feedback to vendors.
- Identifies and reviews electronic resources (stand alone, LAN, or networked) in subject areas on a regular basis. Identifies content for and maintains web page currency and viability as a research tool.
- Recommends and prepares documentation for new electronic resource requests and works with the appropriate committees to acquire them.
- Liaison Responsibilities
- Annually meets with the appropriate departmental representatives to inform them about library resources, resolve problems, and learn about program needs.
- Annually contacts new faculty who join the department and new doctoral students as appropriate.
- Works as needed with other library departments/units to resolve routine collection development problems using established procedures and to communicate the needs and problems of the user community.
- Effectively publicizes electronic resources (acquired by the library) to users. Provides appropriate links (on pages) to relevant departmental resources.
- Fund Management Responsibilities
- Monitors fund accounts, identifies and reports fiscal discrepancies to the appropriate people.
- Stays within the budget guidelines.
- Submits well-developed library fund requests on time.
- Preservation Responsibilities
Does routine weeding, binding, repair and replacement of volumes for collection maintenance.