A. Purpose and Program Description
The library seeks to support the needs of students and faculty with an interest in the area and enrolled in the Pacific Basin Studies program sponsored by the East Asian Institute and the Business School. There are no specialists-teachers in our academic departments for this part of the world.
B. General Selection Guidelines (see classed analysis for detailed statement)
Overall, the library's existing collection, its current acquisitions commitment, based upon available resources, and its collecting goal are all at the basic information to study and teaching level.
C. SPECIFIC DELIMITATIONS
- Formats collected: We collect monographs and reference tools extensively, periodicals and scholarly series selectively, all other formats are excluded.
- Imprint Dates Collected: We collect current and 20th century publications extensively while all others are excluded.
- Chronological Focus: We collect materials focusing on current and twentieth, nineteenth, and earlier century topics extensively.
- Languages Collected: We collect English extensively while all other languages are excluded.
- Place of Publication: We collect materials published in North America, Western Europe and Australia extensively, Asia selectively while all others are excluded.