Users on the Columbia University network can access the VHA through any computer meeting the below hardware and software requirements. Accessing the database is also possible by connecting to via high-speed Ethernet or wireless.
Software and hardware requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
- Web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player
- CPU: 400MHz or faster processor
- Memory: 256MB or more memory
- Operating System: Macintosh OS X 10.2, 10.3, or 10.4
- Web browser: Safari
- Quicktime Player
- Note: For Macs, the cache server must be mounted prior to each viewing session; see instructions.