Help the library maintain the videotape collection by following a few simple do's and don'ts.
- Return videorecordings to the Butler Reserves desk and hand them to a staff member.
- Please notify staff if a videotape is defective.
- Don't return videorecordings to the outside bookdrop because doing so can damage the tape.
- Store the tape in a cool and dry place-avoid leaving tapes in the sun or in a hot place.
- Keep the tape away from the transformers of VCRs, televisions or audio receivers. These devices emit magnetic fields that can damage magnetic media such as videotape.
- Protect the tape from dust and follow the recommended maintenance practices for the VCR.
- Always rewind.