- An A-Z of African Studies on the Internet (Dr. Peter Limb, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan)
A frequently up-dated, alphabetical list of selected Internet resources on Africa.
- AdmiNet Africa (2009) (Christian Scherer, et al., Paris) -- En français!
- Africa South of the Sahara Internet Resources (Karen Fung, Hoover Institution, Stanford University)
The most comprehensive "other" web site for African studies research.
- Africa Web Links: An Annotated Resource List (Ali Dinar, University of Pennsylvania)
- Africana Collection (Dan Reboussin, University of Florida Libraries, Gainesville)
A variety of online resources are available from the University of Florida Libraries, in addition to links to other Internet resources, the online catalog, and other information about the libraries' collections.
- Africatime.Com (New York, USA and Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire)
Un grand portail des sites des pays africains de la francophonie principalement. On peut trouver beaucoup de liens aux actualités et aux autres sortes d'informations pour chaque pays.
- Afrique Francophone (Lehman College, City University of New York, Department of Languages & Literatures; CUNY Graduate Program in French)
An extensive list of links to francophone sites on Africa and the African Diaspora.
- Afrique Index -- Un guide Internet des sites africains (Nathan Yetna, Paris, France)
- Center for African Studies, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
See right-hand panel for links under various topics
- ELDIS: Electronic Development and Environment Information System (Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK)
- An indexing service provided by IDS. Papers are selected from all over the Internet based on topics in African, Asian, and Latin American studies. Documents are produced by research institutes or international organizations. Some documents are electronic versions of printed works, while others are full online documents--with citations and bibliographies. The Africa country guides provide links to Web sites, as well. Note: Some documents listed in the search are only accessible at the IDS library, University of Sussex.
- ELDIS Home Page: select "country profiles", Eldis Online or Google Custom Searches
- Sub-Saharan Africa -and- North Africa & The Middle East development news and country profiles
- H-Africa Home Page (H-Net, Humanities and Social Sciences Online, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan)
Links to archives of debates and group forums on the H-Africa listserv, conference reports, thematic essays, tables of contents from African studies journals, and other information
- ilissAfrica--Internet Library Sub-Saharan Africa (Universitätsbibliothek, Goethe Universität, Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
A web portal of resources in English, French, and German. "ilissAfrica is a project of the Africa Department of the University Library Johann Christian Senckenberg in Frankfurt on the Main in cooperation with the GIGA Information Centre: Africa Library in Hamburg." GIGA is the German Institute of Global and Global Studies.
- Index on Africa (The Norwegian Council for Africa)
- Kabissa - Space on the Internet for the African Non-Profit Sector (Seattle, Washington)
An extensive clearinghouse and website provider, with news reports on "social justice" from various online news services, opinions, and links to information about African NGOs, as well as general Africa links.
- Marweb -- Annuaire et Moteur de recherche du Maghreb Arabe (Fès, Maroc)
- Sonja Haynes Stone Center for Black Culture and History -- Guide to the Web (Raquel Cogell, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
- WoYaa! Web Directory (English version)
An Africa-centered directory of links and search engine (robotic index) for the general public; see also the French