Course reserves materials are kept at the circulation desk in the Journalism Library. These materials are placed on reserves at the request of faculty and consist of the required readings for courses which are currently in session. Course materials may include books, journal articles, audio or video tapes or other materials.
To access lists of course reserves please connect to CLIO and click on the "Course Reserve" link to search by course number, course key or professor's name.
The circulation policy for course reserves is as follows:
- Materials circulate for 2 hours at a time.
- Audio/Video Master's projects circulate for 2 nights at a time.
- Overnight loans begin one hour before closing and are due back the following day when the library opens. You may also leave materials before the library opens in the book drop outside the library in the Stabile Student Center. For an up-to-date listing of Journalism Library hours, click here.
- A valid Columbia University ID is required to check reserve items out.
- Up to 3 items may be checked out at a time.
If you have any questions about course reserves, please ask the staff member at the circulation desk.