ReCAP is Columbia University Libraries' off-campus shelving facility. ReCAP is short for Research Collections and Preservation Consortium. Columbia University operates ReCAP jointly with Princeton University and New York Public Library.
CUL has accessioned more than 3.9 million objects at ReCAP. On average 300,000 new accessions are sent every year. Transferring to ReCAP allows CUL to accommodate new acquisitions, provide larger study spaces and better preserve historical collections.
- Requests are filled within two business days.
- All patrons with a valid UNI and password may request physical deliveries.
- Both physical and electronic delivery are free of charge.
- Use CLIO to request items from ReCAP.
- CU alumni may need to re-activate their UNI.
- If not affiliated with Columbia University, contact the Library Information Office at email@example.com or (212) 854-7309.