- Return material on time to the library from which it is checked out.
- Ask any circulation desk attendant to print:
- a list of items which you have checked out with their due dates
- a list of library fines and fees which you owe
- Pay bills promptly to avoid accumulating fees.
- Pay fines, by check only, at any library. (The Library Information Office (LIO), 201 Butler Library only accepts credit cards and checks. The Barnard and Health Sciences Libraries will accept cash.
- Pay fees for lost items at the LIO (for Barnard or Health Science Library materials, at the respective circulation desks).
- Ask for a receipt when returning books.
- Respond to courtesy renewal notices promptly.
If you have questions, speak to a circulation supervisor, or contact the Library Information Office.
Remember: When you move, update your address with the Library Information Office, 201 Butler Library, or at the Health Sciences Library circulation desk.
For further details about the Libraries' policies, see Borrowing or come to the Library Information Office.