Looking for E-Books?
Electronic Books have distinct records, separate from those for the paper editions, in the CLIO catalog. You can limit your search to include only electronic books by using the Pre-set Limits option available on Basic or Guided Keyword search screens:
- Click on the Pre-set Limits button.
- Go to Medium menu and click on electronic resources.
- Go to Format menu and click on books.
- Click on Set Limits button.
- Enter your search terms and then select a Title or Keyword search on the Basic search screen or enter your search terms and select search options on the Guided Keyword search screen.
Alternative Search Options
Option 1: If you know the title of the book, do a Title search, and look for records with the embedded label [electronic resource] before the subtitle. If you are looking for a work with a common title (e.g. Hamlet) you can also apply a Quick Limit.
- On the Basic search screen, select All Electronic Resources in the Quick Limit menu (below the "Enter Search" box).
- Enter the title and then select Title search from the search options list.
Option 2: The records for e-books in CLIO usually include the word "electronic resource." You may search these by adding the term "electronic resource" to your keyword search. Since this term is also used for e-journals, this method is not as effective as those described above.
- On the Basic Search screen, select All Electronic Resources in the Quick Limit menu (below the "Enter Search" box).
- Select Keyword from the search options list and enter your search terms, such as:
- optics "electronic resource"
- "moby dick" "electronic resource"
Option 3: If you know the name of the distinctive collection of e-books, add the collection's name as a term in a Keyword search.
- biology netlibrary
Connecting to Full Text
Connect to an e-book from the "click here for full text" link to the right of the red "online link(s)" arrow.