Reading rooms are located throughout Butler Library. All Butler Library reading rooms provide a wireless connection to the internet. Drinks are permitted in spill-proof cups on the second, third, and fourth floors. No food or drink is permitted in the rooms on the fifth and sixth floors.
Reading rooms on the second, third, and fourth floors:
- The Milstein Undergraduate Reading Rooms are located on the periphery of the second, third, and fourth floors. These rooms are open twenty-four hours per day during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The Periodicals and Microforms Reading Room is located in Room 401 in Butler Library on the fourth floor. (view hours)
Reading rooms on the fifth and sixth floors:
- The Research Reading Rooms are subject-based research rooms (hours same as Butler Stacks):
- African Studies (Room 607)
- American History and Literature (Room 502)
- Ancient & Medieval Studies (Room 603)
- Comparative Literature & Society (Room 615)
- Early Modern/Modern Europe (Room 504)
- Islamic Studies (Room 602)
- Latin American Studies (Room 503)
- Moral & Political Theory (Room 504)
- Papyrology, Epigraphy & Paleography (Room 604)
- South Asian Studies (Room 601)
- U.S. History and Literature (Room 502)
- The Rare Book and Manuscript Library Reading Room is located on the sixth floor (view hours).