- Africa's 100 Best Books (Zimbabwe International Book Fair, Harare; via Columbia University)
- General announcement, call for nominations, the final list of 100, and contact information. The 100 titles were announced on February 18, 2002.
- See a copy of the list of 100.
- H-Africa Discussion Forum, March 2002 (H-Net, Humanities and Social Sciences Online, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan)
- Africa Book Centre--Catalogue of 100 Best Book Award Winners (Brighton, UK)
- African Studies Centre, Leiden University: Web Dossier on "Africa's 100 Best Books of the 20th Century" (2002) (Leiden, The Netherlands)
- African Diaspora International Film Festival, 2013, New York (ADIFF, New York)
-- See also: Best Docs of 2011-2012
- 20th Anniversary New York African Film Festival, April-May 2013 (AFF, New York)
- African Studies Association of the United Kingdom: ASAUK Biennial Conference 2014, September 9-11, 2014, University of Sussex, UK
The deadline for panel proposals is September 20, 2013; a "call for papers" will follow soon thereafter.
- African Studies Association of the United States: 56th Annual Meeting of the ASA, "Mobility, Migration, and Flows," November 21-24, 2013, Baltimore, Maryland (via Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey)
"Call for Proposals": the deadline for submissions was March 15, 2013.
- African Studies Centre, Leiden University -- Events, Seminars, and Conferences
(Leiden, The Netherlands)
- 13th International African Studies Conference, "Society and Politics in Africa: Traditional, Transitional, and New," Moscow, Russia, May 27-29, 2014 -- Call for Papers
- 5th International Conference on Bantu Languages, June 12-15, 2013, Paris, France
- Boston University, African Studies Center: 21st Annual Graduate Student Conference in African Studies, March 29-30, 2013 (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Canadian Association of African Studies: 43rd Annual CAAS Conference, "Africa Communicating: Digital Technologies, Representation, Power," May 1-3, 2013, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
The deadline for proposals was February 25, 2013.
- Columbia University -- African Studies Events (New York)
- ECAS 2013: 5th European Conference on African Studies--"African Dynamics in a Multipolar World," June 27-29, 2013, Lisbon, Portugal
The deadline for proposals is January 16, 2013!
The conference is organized by Centro de Estudos Africanos-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL)) on behalf of AEGIS, the Africa-Europe Group for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- FESPACO: Pan African Film and Television Festival of Ouagadougou (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso)
The 23rd edition of FESPACO will take place from February 23-March 3, 2013.
The official site in French: "Created in 1969 in Ouagadougou, on the initiative of a few film enthusiasts, it became an institution on January 7th 1972 by decree in Burkina Faso, because of the enthusiasm and the hope it created among the public and filmmakers in Africa. It is biennial; starting on the last Saturday in February every odd year." The site includes information about award-winning films from 2009 and previous festival years.
- Harlem Book Fair 2013 -- "New Voices, New Visions," July 19-20, 2013 (via QBR.Com, New York)
"The nation's largest African Americanliterary event celebrating family literacy, community empowerment, and community cooperation." The 13th annual book fair held in the Harlem section of the Borough of Manhattan in New York City. The program will include outdoor exhibits, panel discussions, and other events.
- Harvard University, Committee on African Studies: Calendar of Events -and- Africa Workshop (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Indian Ocean World Centre, McGill University: "Histories of Medicine in the Indian Ocean World," 26-27 April 2013 (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
- 45th Annual Liberian Studies Association Conference on "The Human Aspect of Development in Liberia: Steps, Strategies, and Sustainability," April 4-7, 2013, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey (via Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York)
- New York University, Africa House: Events (New York)
- Organization of Women Writers of Africa: "Yari Yari Ntoaso: Continuing the Dialogue," An International Symposium in Accra, Ghana, May 16-19, 2013 In association with New York University's Accra Program and the Mbaasem Foundation.
- Royal Africa Society: Events (London, UK)
- Rutgers University: Center for African Studies -- Events (New Brunswick, New Jersey)
- SOAS--School of Oriental and African Studies: Centre of African Studies -- Events (University of London, London, UK)
- Southeastern Regional Seminar in African Studies (SERSAS): Fall 2013 Conference--"Africa and the Atlantic World," 27-28 September 2013, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
The proposal deadline is August 1, 2013.
- University of California, Los Angeles: "Migration and Sociopolitical Mobility in Africa and the African Diasporas," An International Conference Honoring Edward A. Alpers, April 11, 2013 (UCLA African Studies Center, Los Angeles)
--See also: April 12, 2013
- University of Pennsylvania: African Studies Center -- Events (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- West African Research Association & WARC Conferences: Summer Institutes & International Symposia (via African Studies Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Yale University: Council on African Studies -- Events (New Haven, Connecticut)
- York University, Harriet Tubman Institute for Research on the Global Migration of African Peoples: Upcoming Events (Toronto, Canada)