- African Development Bank Group on Botswana (Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire)
Basic economic indicators and links to other "country operations" reports.
- AllAfrica.Com on Botswana (AllAfrica Global Media, Inc., Washington, DC)
Current and recent news on Botswana from Botswana and other southern African regional news services and the UN agencies. Warning
: the searchable archive for articles older than 30 days is only available through subscription.
-- See also: Botswana Gazette
- Amnesty International on Botswana, 1998-- (Washington, DC and New York)
- Bank of Botswana (Gaborone, Botswana)
- This official website offers current news and statistics on the bank, official documents, and other information on the banking sector and the Botswana economy in general.
- Bibliographies on the History of Botswana (Department of History, University of Botswana, Gaborone)
- Botswana Export Development and Investment Authority (Gaborone)
- Botswana gazette, The. (Online) -- Gaborone: News Company Botswana, 1985-
Current weekly Internet edition only.
- Botswana Institute for Development Policy Analysis (Gaborone)
- Botswana Stock Exchange (Gaborone)
- Botswana Web Page (University of Pennsylvania)
- Center for Strategic and International Studies: Botswana: assessing risks to stability. (June 2011)
by David W. Throup. -- Washington, DC: CSIS, 2011. 26 pages in PDF format.
--See also: Stress Testing African States series
- Central Statistics Office, Republic of Botswana (Gaborone)
The website includes statistical data on major social and economic aspects of Botswana for the last 2 years and information on more in-depth reports published by the CSO.
- Constitution of Botswana, 1966, amended 2002 (via Embassy of the Republic of Botswana,
- Directory of Development Organizations: Botswana (2011) (Bert Wesselink, The Netherlands?) PDF format.
- Ditshwanelo -- The Botswana Centre for Human Rights (Gaborone, Botswana)
The website offers selected documents, local human rights news, and educational information for activists and NGOs. "DITSHWANELO is a locally based advocacy organisation, which was founded in 1993..."
- Ministry of Education and Skills Development -- Republic of Botswana (Gaborone, Botswana)
- ELDIS Country Profiles (Electronic Development and Environment Information System, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK)
Search for Botswana: This service compiles and indexes links to online full texts (requiring Adobe Acrobat PDF), related web sites, and print publications in the IDS library on a variety of subjects pertaining to Botswana, especially in the fields of agricultural economics, trade, health, governance, and education.
- Embassy of the Republic of Botswana, Washington, DC
-- See especially: Useful links
- Ministry of Finance and Development Planning -- Republic of Botswana (Gaborone, Botswana)
- Food and Agriculture Organization Aquastat Programme: Botswana, 2005 (FAO, Rome, Italy)
A brief profile. "The 'thirst' for water data is ever increasing and there is indeed considerable demand for data on rural water use from national governments and development agencies. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations initiated an activity in 1993 to meet this demand with particular focus on irrigation. This resulted in the AQUASTAT Programme, the objective of which is to generate rural water use data at country level in a systematic manner."
-- See also: Search "Botswana" in FAO Document Repository
- Government of Botswana -- Official Web Site (See Republic of Botswana below)
- IBIS--Info Botswana Internet Services: Botswana "Local Links" (Gaborone)
An extensive and frequently updated list of links to government, commercial & non-commercial organizations, and other sites from and about Botswana.
- International Bureau of Education = Bureau de l'Education International: Botswana (UNESCO, Geneva, Switzerland)
- The International Monetary Fund: Botswana Country Info (Washington, DC)
Summaries, full length reports, and recent news. Note:
Some documents are in PDF format, requiring Adobe Acrobat
- IST-Africa 2011 Conference & Exhibition, 11-13 May 2011, Gabarone, Botswana (Government of Botswana, Department of Research, Science and Technology; supported by the European Commission and African Union Commission)
"Regional Impact of Information Society Technologies in Africa": this site includes previous conference years, with downloadable reports. "IST-Africa 2011 will focus on the Role of ICT for Africa's Development and specifically on Applied ICT research topics addressing major societal and economic challenges, which is part of the European Commission's Information Communications Technologies (ICT) Theme of FP7."
- Kalahari Peoples Fund (KPF) (Austin, Texas)
The site offers a list of KPF projects and brief information concerning this non-profit organization (est. in 1973) for the benefit of the San and other rural peoples of the Kalahari desert region in southern Africa.
- Maps on Botswana
- Perry Castañeda Map Library: Botswana maps (University of Texas at Austin)
- MBendi AfroPaedia: Botswana (MBendi Information Services, South Africa)
A business and investment profile in brief; plus related links and reports.
- Mmegi. (Online) -- Gaborone, Botswana: Dikgang Publishing Co., 2003-
The online version of the Botswana newspaper, originally founded in 1992, with the masthead Mmegi since 1994 and published daily since 2003. The site includes an archive of selected articles since December 2003.
- National Information and Communications Infrastructure for Sustainable Development in Africa: Botswana, 1999 (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
General background, Internet connectivity data, and project information.
- The Okavango Delta Peoples of Botswana: The Bugakwe, Dxeriku, Hambukushu, Wayeyi, and Xanekwe Peoples. (Dr. John Bock, Department of Anthropology, California State University, Fullerton)
This web site features text summaries, maps, and photos on the Okavango region and its people, and on Botswana, in general; plus a compilation of useful links.
- Okavango Wildlife Society (Bromhof, South Africa; via Paal Skjetnep, University of Trondheim, Norway)
- Republic of Botswana Official Web Site (Gaborone)
- SADC: Southern African Development Community (Gaborone, Botswana)
- Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Library and Information Associations:
XIX SCECSAL Conference, Gaborone, Botswana, 3-9 December 2010
- Survival International on the "Bushmen of Botswana" (London, UK)
A human rights campaign website on Gana and Gwi peoples--who have been forcibly relocated or threatened by such policies; with documents, news clips, and related links.
- United Nations on Botswana (New York and Gaborone)
- United States Agencies on Botswana (Washington, DC)
- University of Botswana, Gaborone
- UB Main Library Home Page and Catalog
- UB Department of History
- Botswana History Resources
"The Botswana History pages by Prof. Neil Parsons and other resources are designed for seekers after knowledge about Botswana. There are 2 pages of general history, followed by 13 informative pages with a historical bias - on archaeology,culture, economy, education, geography, language, literature, politics, religion, science, society, tourism, and media."
- The World Bank on Botswana (Washington, DC)
A country brief and data (in PDF); plus a searchable database on project information.