- Amnesty International News on Egypt (New York, USA)
Current news, press releases, and the archive of previous reports since 1996.
- April 6 Youth Movement (See Shabab 6 April Youth Movement below)
- Arab Republic of Egypt. Cabinet of Ministers
In English or in Arabic.
- Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (Cairo, Egypt)
The official site, in English or in Arabic, of an "independent association established in 2006." The site includes brief reports and press releases.
- Camp David Accords and Peace Agreement (Egypt-Israel), 1978-79
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace: Guide to Egypt's Transition (2011-2012) (Washington, DC)
- Constitution of the Arab Republic of Egypt, 1971 (English) (via Egypt State Information Service, Cairo)
- Egypt Government Services Portal (English). Or, in Arabic. (Cairo, Egypt)
- Egypt. Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Cairo)
Official home page in English.
- Egypt State Information Service---Politics (Cairo)
Documents on and from the President, the Cabinet, Parliament, political parties, and links on culture and history.
- Egyptian Center for Women's Rights (Cairo)
or in English, the official site of this Egyptian NGO, founded in 1996, which includes information about publications and activities, and some online news articles.
- The Egyptian Presidency (Cairo)
Press releases and basic information in English.
- Elections in Egypt, 2011-2012
- Bikya Masr "Elections Day" Coverage (Cairo, Egypt)
Reporting on the parliamentary elections, with political party and leader profiles. "Independent news for the world": news reports and commentary on the Egyptian transition.
- Egypt Independent: "Meet Your President": Mohamed Morsy, June 24, 2012 (Cairo)
- ElectionGuide on Egypt, 2011- (IFES--International Foundation for Electoral Systems, Washington, DC)
- Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt, Washington, DC
- FOCAC 2009: Forum on China-Africa Cooperation, 4th Ministerial Conference, November 8-12, 2009, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (People's Republic of China, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Beijing)
- Human Rights First in Egypt (2011-2012) --Formerly...The Lawyers Committee for Human Rights. (New York and Washington, DC)
- Human Rights Watch on Egypt (New York & Washington, DC)
- HRW on Egypt: latest news and reports
- The Road Ahead: A Human Rights Agenda for Egypt's New Parliament. (January 2012) -- New York: HRW, 2012. 51 pages in PDF format.
- "Work on Him Until He Confesses": Impunity for Torture in Egypt. (January 2011) -- New York: HRW, 2011. 101 pages in PDF format
- Elections in Egypt: state of permanent emergency incompatible with free and fair vote. (December 2010) -- New York: HRW, 2010. 28 pages in PDF format
- Sinai perils: risks to migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers in Egypt and Israel. (November 2008) -- New York: HRW, 2008. 97 pages in PDF format
- Anatomy of a state security case: the "Victorious Sect" arrests. (December 2007) Human Rights Watch report; vol. 19, no. 9E. -- New York: HRW, 2007. 87 pages in PDF format
- Egypt: security forces abuse of anti-war demonstrators. (Nov. 2003) By Scott Long et al. -- New York ; Washington, DC : HRW, 2003. (HTML or PDF formats)
- Egypt, 2002. In Human Rights Watch World Report 2003. (Online).
- Egypt, 2001. In Human Rights Watch World Report 2002. (Online).
- Egypt, 2000. In Human Rights Watch World Report 2001. (Online).
- Egypt, 1999. In Human Rights Watch World Report 2000. (Online).
- Egypt, 1998-99. In Human Rights Watch World Report 1999. (Online).
- Egypt, 1997-98. In Human Rights Watch World Report 1998. (Online).
- Informed Comment: Thoughts on the Middle East, History and Religion (Prof. Juan Cole, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)
A scholar's blog with commentary on contemporary political affairs by a major American historian of foreign relations in Egypt and the Middle East.
- International Crisis Group on Egypt, 2003 to present (New York and Washington, DC, USA; Brussels, Belgium)
- Jadaliyya on Egypt (Arab Studies Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, DC)
Commentary and analysis in English and in Arabic: "Jadaliyya is an independent Ezine produced by ASI, a network of writers associated with the Arab Studies Journal."
- Kefaya : Haraka masria Kifaya (Cairo, Egypt)
The official web site in Arabic of "Kefaya : the Egyptian movement for change"--a grassroots NGO and political opposition movement.
- MERIP Online -- News Analysis and Commentary on Egypt (Middle East Research and Information Project, Washington, DC)
- "The Liguidation of Egypt's Illiberal Experiment," December 29, 2010, by Mona El-Ghobashy, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York.
- "The Dynamics of Egypt's Elections," September 29, 2010, by Mona El-Ghobashy, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York.
- Other articles, 1999-2006
- Middle East Policy Council on Egypt (Washington, DC)
"...a nonprofit organization whose mission is to contribute to American understanding of the political, economic and cultural issues that affect U.S. interests in the Middle East...with two principal policy forums: the quarterly journal Middle East Policy and a series of conferences on Capitol Hill."
- The Muslim Brotherhood = al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun (Egypt; via United States)
The "official English" and Arabic language sites of this Egyptian opposition movement (government-banned political party) originally founded in 1928. The site includes current & recent news, policy statements, interviews, etc.
- National Association for Change (Cairo, Egypt) Taghyeer.Net
The official site in Arabic of a political opposition movement in Egypt, founded in February 2010 by Mohamed El Baradei and others. The organization advocates "constitutional and political reform to achieve social justice and democracy."
- National Council for Human Rights (Cairo, Egypt; Washington, DC)
The official site in Arabic
, English, and French, of an Egyptian NGO founded in early 2010, currently led by Botros-Botros Ghali.
- Shabab 6 April 6 Movement (2010-2012) (Cairo, Egypt)
- Egyptian Shoura Assembly or Council (2011) (Cairo, Egypt)
--See also: Inter-Parliamentary Union PARLINE on Egypt: Majlis Ash-Shura (2012)
- Tahrir Documents (USA; Cairo, Egypt)
Edited by Cameron Hu, Levi Thompson, Elias Saba, and Emily Drumsta: "Initiated in March 2011, Tahrir Documents is an ongoing effort to archive and translate activist papers from the 2011 Egyptian uprising and its aftermath. Materials are collected from demonstrations in Cairo’s Tahrir Square and published in complete English translation alongside scans of the original documents [in Arabic]. The project is not affiliated with any political organization, Egyptian or otherwise."
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees on Egypt (Geneva, Switzerland)
--Includes data and reports since 2002.
- United States. Department of State: Egypt Country Report on Human Rights Practices: 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006| 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011
- United States. Department of State. Egypt Country Report on International Religious Freedom: 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010
- United States Embassy in Cairo, Egypt (U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC)
- United States Institute of Peace: USIP Tracks the Unfolding Situation in Egypt, 2010-2011