- AllAfrica.Com News on Namibia (AllAfrica Global Media, Washington, DC)
Current news summaries & newswires from the Pan African News Agency (PANA), The Namibian (newspaper), and the United Nations Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN). Warning: the searchable archive for articles older than 30 days is only available through subscription.
- Allgemeine Zeitung. (Online) -- Windhoek, Namibia: Democratic Media Holdings, 2000-
The electronic version of this 90+ years old daily newspaper--online since 2000, offers current and recent news in German from Namibia.
- Elections in Namibia (via Columbia University Libraries)
- Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) (Windhoek, Namibia)
"MISA is a non-governmental organisation with members in 11 of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) countries. Officially launched in September 1992, MISA focuses primarily on the need to promote free, independent and pluralistic media..."
--See especially: Country chapters
and Publications and downloads
- The Namibia Economist. (Online) -- Windhoek: The Namibia Economist; via IAFRICA.COM, 1998-
The current electronic issue of the Namibian business news weekly, plus a small archive of back issues.
- The Namibian (Online) -- Windhoek: The Namibian, 1997-
Current issue of the electronic version of the daily newspaper, plus access to an archive of back issues.
- National Information and Communications Infrastructure for Sustainable Development in Africa: Namibia, 1999 (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
General background, Internet connectivity data, and project information.
- New era. (Online) -- Windhoek, Namibia: New Era Publication Corporation, 2003--
The online version of this government-run newspaper, published three times per week; with an archive since May 2003.
- Repulikein, Die. (Online) -- Omurambaweg, Namibia: Democratic Media Holdings, 2002-
The electronic version of a daily newspaper in Afrikaans from Namibia; with a few articles in English and a searchable archive ("Argiewe").