- Africa Cup of Nations 2013, South Africa, January 19-February 10, 2013 and other "soccer" news
- All Africa.Com on South Africa (Washington, DC)
Current news from and about South Africa provided by various South African and other African news media services. Warning: the searchable archive for articles older than 30 days is only available through subscription.
- Bizcommunity.Com (Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa)
A news portal for daily advertising, marketing, and industry news for South Africa and the rest of Africa.
- BuaNews. (Online) -- Pretoria, South Africa: Government Communication and Information System (GCIS), 2005-
The online daily news from the South African government information service, featuring news of the day and reports from the last two weeks.
- Business day. (Online) -- Johannesburg: BDFM Publishers (Pty) Ltd., 1996-
Current issue of daily financial and investment news, downloadable information, other links; plus a searchable archive of articles since 1997.
- Business report. (Online) -- Johannesburg, South Africa: Business Report, 1998-
A compilation of daily news stories from major wire services on world business, South Africa, and Africa in general; plus links to business and investment data. Warning: the "article search" feature often does not yield any results.
- Cape business news. (Online) -- Cape Town, South Africa: CBN, 1980-
The electronic version of the monthly newspaper, plus business information center for Cape Town and Cape Province, and a searchable business directory. The archives contains issues from the last three months and a larger collection is accessible via a search index.
- Cape times. (Online) -- Cape Town, South Africa: Cape Times, via Independent Online News, 2002-
The current electronic verison of this daily newspaper, plus a searchable archive of back issues since 2002.
- Elections in South Africa, 2011 (and earlier) (via Columbia University Libraries)
- Financial mail interactive. -- South Africa : Times Media Ltd., 1997-.
Current South African business information, with a searchable index. Full access to archive requires subscription.
- Independent Online News Service (South Africa)
This service compiles current news and selected articles from The Cape Argus, The Star, and a growing number of other publications from all over South Africa; plus links to the websites of individual newspapers with limited free access.
- Isolezwe. (Online) -- Cape Town ; Johannesburg: Independent Online Ltd., 2006-
Selected articles only in Zulu and in English from this online edition of the daily newspaper from South Africa. Full access requires a subscription.
- Mail & guardian, The Daily. (Online). -- Johannesburg : Mail & Guardian, 2000-
- Current news headlines. Warning: many reports--identified as "premium content", and the back issues archive (1994 to present), are accessible to overseas readers only through a low-price monthly subscription.
- Monde diplomatique, Le. Archives, 2006-: Afrique du Sud
- NEWS24.Com (Naspers Ltd., Johannesburg, South Africa)
An online Internet news service in English (with "continuous feed") from South African newspapers and agencies, such as Beeld, Die Burger, Die Volksblad, Rapport, City Press, Finansies & Tegniek, Finance Week, and the Natal Witness; plus information providers outside of South Africa, such as Reuters, Associated Press, Interpress Service, PANA, and others.
Warning: To access the full articles in the English or Afrikaans language newspapers, a subscription is required.
- PictureNet Africa (Johannesburg, South Africa)
A commercial respository of photographs from photographic agencies in South Africa, with information on fees and permissions.
- Politicsweb (South Africa)
Politicsweb focuses on "...the news and politics of Southern Africa...aims to provide its readers with breaking news, informed comment and opinion, and easy access to key online resources ...The website is supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundation for South Africa (OSF-SA)."
- Polity.Org.Za: Policy and Law Online News (via Creamer Media, South Africa)
This site offers government and economic policy news for South Africa and Southern Africa, including links to documents such as: SA government draft bills, bills, acts, notices, policy documents, and speeches.
- SABC--South African Broadcasting Corporation (Johannesburg, South Africa)
This corporate site includes only basic information, "live" radio broadcast downloads, and a searchable online TV program guide.
- Simbani Africa: Agence d'information de l'AMARC Afrique (Johannesburg, South Africa; Dakar, Senegal)
- "Soccer" News
- Orange Africa Cup of Nations 2013, South Africa, January 19-February 10, 2013 -- Official Site (Confederation of African Football, Cairo, Egypt)
MTN Football News on the "Africa Cup of Nations" 2013 (Johannesburg)
- FIFA World Cup, South Africa, June 11-July 11, 2010 Official site
- South African History Online: Football in South Africa -and- One City, Many Histories (Pretoria)
- South African Football Association (SAFA) (Cape Town, South Africa)
"Soccer" news & events, video clips, information about SAFA, and related links.
- South Africa Premier Soccer League Online
Official website of the league, with links to current news from Independent Online and The Sowetan; plus other "soccer"-related information.
- Soul beat. (Online) -- Braamfontein, South Africa: Soul City Institute for Health and Development Communication, in partnership with SANGONeT; Victoria, British Columbia, Canada: The Communication Initiative, 2003-
The Soul Beat Africa website offers the current bi-weekly issue of the newsletter and the archive of all previous issues. "...for communicators, practitioners, media makers, academics, researchers and others who are using communication for change in Africa."
- South Africa Independent Media Center--Archive (2008) (Johannesburg, South Africa)
Current news commentary by 'alternative and independent' media makers and media outlets. South Africa IMC is part of a network called Indymedia, a "grassroots, non-corporate" media organization with centers around the world, associated with the Independent Media Center first established in 1999 to cover the WTO protests in Seattle, Washington.
- South African Weather Service (Pretoria, South Africa)
General daily and weekly forecasts for South Africa, seasonal and other reports, satellite images for southern and whole of Africa, and information about programmes.
- Sowetan, The. (Online) -- Johannesburg, South Africa: The Sowetan, 2005-
The home page of the South African daily newspaper, with current electronic issue only. Note: a subscription is required to access back issues.
- Star, The. (Online). -- Johannesburg: The Star, via Independent Online News, 2005-
Sample articles from current week of news is available from this site, but full access requires a subscription.
- Sunday times, The. (Online). -- South Africa: Times Media Ltd., 1997-
Encompassing The Sunday Business Times: Current and a searchable archive of selected online back issues since 2004 only.
- Witness, The. (Online) -- Pietermaritzburg, South Africa: The Witness, 1997- formerly The Natal Witness
Note: Requires subscription for "premium web content." Current issue of the electronic version of this daily newspaper, which focuses on local Kwa-Zulu Natal events. Highlights from back issues are available in the archive.
- ZA News Co-sponsored by the Mail & Guardian and Kulula.Com (Cape Town, South Africa)
Launched on October 6, 2009, this web site features daily political satire videos, with puppet characters, created by Thierry Cassuto and Zapiro [Jonathan Shapiro], produced and directed by Thierry Cassuto, written by Thierry Cassuto, Ben Trovato, and Steve Francis.
- Zapiro's Official Website (ePartners4, Caterham, UK)
"Jonathan Shapiro...was editorial cartoonist for Sowetan from 1994-2005 and appeared in the Cape Argus 1996-1997. He has been editorial cartoonist for the Mail & Guardian since 1994, the Sunday Times since 1998 and since September 2005 also appears three times a week in Cape Times, The Star, The Mercury and Pretoria News."