- African Development Bank Group on Tanzania (Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire)
Basic economic indicators and links to other "country operations" reports.
- AMANET--African Malaria Network Trust, 2002- (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
"...to promote capacity strengthening and networking of malaria R&D in Africa. AMANET originally started its activities as African Malaria Vaccine Testing Network (AMVTN) in 1995 with the primary goal of preparing Africa in planning and conducting malaria vaccine trials. In 2002, AMVTN was succeeded by AMANET."
-- See especially: AMANET reports
- Tanzania Digital National Atlas, 2007 (Mike Shand, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
This site offers detailed, colorful online maps of Tanzania, plus Macromedia Shockwave maps.
- Bank of Tanzania Home Page (Dar es Salaam)
See especially: Publications
(including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports).
- Centre for the Study of African Economies -- Research on Tanzania (University of Oxford, Oxford, UK)
- Civil Society Support (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
"It contains a database on development partners' support to civil society (both to service delivery as well as advocacy work), background information on this joint initiative, and details of the development partners contributing to the website."
--See also: The Foundation for Civil Society
- Danish Institute for International Studies Formerly Centre for Development Research. (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Demographic and Health Surveys: Tanzania Indicators, Datasets, and Reports (2007/2008) (Calverton, Maryland)
See also, below: Tanzania National Bureau of Statistics
--which includes 2010 Tanzania Demographic and Health Survey--Preliminary Report ; 2001 & 2007 Household Budget Surveys ; 2002 Population Census--Analytical Report
- Tanzania Development Gateway (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Washington, DC)
"...locally owned and managed public-private partnerships created to facilitate and catalyze the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) for development."
The site includes Tanzania Business and Civil Society Portals.
- DICOTA--Diaspora Council of Tanzanians in America (USA)
"DICOTA is an organization whose purpose is to unite and strengthen the Tanzanian American Diaspora and its supporters, in order to enhance the economic, health, and social well being of Tanzanians and Americans."
--See especially: Annual DICOTA Convention Proceedings
- Directory of Development Organizations: Tanzania (2012) (Bert Wesselink, The Netherlands?) PDF format.
--See also: The Foundation for Civil Society below
- East African business week. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: East African Business Week Ltd., 2005-
The electronic version of a weekly newspaper covering business news mostly for Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, sometimes for neighboring countries. Several weeks of reports are readily available on the web site; use "search" feature to find reports from back issues since October 2005.
- East African Community = Jumuiya ya Afrika Mashariki (Arusha, Tanzania)
- This is the official website of the regional intergovernmental organization (encompassing Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda) which was (re)established in 1999 by treaty (see "Documents & Publications"). The site includes information about the EAC, current news, and related links.
- EAC Statistics Portal
- Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
The ESRF was established in 1993 as an independent not-for-profit non-governmental research institute for capacity building in economic and social policy analysis, including ICT development.
- ELDIS Country Profiles (Electronic Development and Environment Information System, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK)
Search for Tanzania: This service compiles and indexes links to online full texts (requiring Adobe Acrobat PDF), related web sites, and print publications in the IDS library on a variety of subjects pertaining to Tanzania, especially in the fields of agricultural economics, trade, health, governance, and education.
- Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
- Financial Sector Deepening Trust Tanzania (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
The site includes news and reports."[FSDT Tanzania]...has been established by five government donors: Canada, the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands and Denmark, in close collaboration with the Bank of Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania."
--See especially: FSDT Reports and Publications
- Food and Agriculture Organization on Tanzania (Rome, Italy)
- FAO Aquastat Programme: United Republic of Tanzania, 2005 (Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome)
A profile of Tanzanian water resources. "The 'thirst' for water data is ever increasing and there is indeed considerable demand for data on rural water use from national governments and development agencies. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations initiated an activity in 1993 to meet this demand with particular focus on irrigation. This resulted in the AQUASTAT Programme, the objective of which is to generate rural water use data at country level in a systematic manner."
- FAO Document Repository: Tanzania
- Sustainable Development Dimensions
- The Foundation for Civil Society (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
- Haki Ardhi: Land Rights Research and Resources Institute (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
"[Founded in 1994 by Issa G. Shivji, Wilbert B. L. Kapinga, & Georgios Hadjivayanis]...the Institute was established out of the need to generate and sustain a public debate and participation, particularly where it matters in villages on issues of land tenure."
- Hakikazi Catalyst (2007) (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
The site of a civil society NGO with reports on development workshops, land tenure, poverty reduction, and "plain language" guides for community work, ie. Tanzania without poverty (2001)
- International Institute for Environment and Development: Environment at the Heart of Tanzania's Development (2007): Lessons from Tanzania's National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUKUTA) January 2007-- London: IIED, 2007. 59 pages in PDF format.
- The International Monetary Fund: Tanzania Country Info (Washington, DC)
Summaries, full length reports, and recent news. Note:
Some documents are in PDF format, requiring Adobe Acrobat
- Land Investment Deals in Africa--Reports on Tanzania from The Oakland Institute
- Lawyers' Environmental Action Team (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
- MBendi AfroPaedia: Tanzania (MBendiInformation Services, South Africa)
A basic economic & investment profile.
- Ministries on Economy and Health
- National Bank of Commerce of Tanzania NBC Ltd. (ABSA Group Ltd. of South Africa, Dar es Salaam)
- Tanzania National Bureau of Statistics (Dar es Salaam)
- This site offers selected publications and information about activities, as well as selected demographic and economic data.
--See: "Quick Statistics" and databases, such as TSED or CountryStat.
- National Data Archive (selected online publications)
- Tanzania Demographic and Health Survey 2010, Preliminary Report. -- Dar es Salaam: National Bureau of Statistics ; Calverton, MD: Measure DHS, 2010. 55 pages in PDF format
- Tanzania in figures 2010. -- Dar es Salaam: National Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Finance, 2010. 87 pages in PDF format
- Tanzania 2002 Population Census, Vol. X: Analytical Report. -- Dar es Salaam: National Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Planning, Economy and Empowerment, 2006. 211 pages in PDF format
--Plus: 1967-2002 data.
- Selected papers
- National Information and Communications Infrastructure for Sustainable Development in Africa: Tanzania, 1999 (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
General background, Internet connectivity data, and project information.
- Oakland Institute--Special Investigations: Land Investment Deals in Africa: Tanzania (Oakland, California)
- Policy Project: Tanzania (Futures Group, Washington, DC)
A summary of assistance activities in HIV/AIDS policies and other reproductive health policies in Tanzania, with downloadable reports in PDF format.
- United Republic of Tanzania: Poverty Monitoring -- Official Website (Dar es Salaam)
Downloadable reports, news, and data on poverty reduction since 2000. "Launched at Poverty Policy Week 2004, the website is intended to increase the capacity of stakeholders to access vital information on progress being achieved in poverty reduction. Such progress has been documented on an annual basis in the PRS progress reports."
- REPOA--Research on Poverty Alleviation (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
[Founded in 1995] REPOA undertakes and facilitates research. The website includes information on research activities, publications, online library catalogue, etc.
-- REPOA Publications
- Tanzania National Business Council (Dar es Salaam)
Established in 2001: "[the Council] is the highest consultative organ between the private sector and the Government in the country. It has 40 members sitting with the President of the United Republic of Tanzania as Chairman...The Government has nominated 20 members including one from the academia, and the Tanzania Private Sector Foundation...[which] has an equal number to nominate...One of those representatives from the private sector comes from the labour movement."
- Tanzania Development Partners Group (Dar es Salaam)
Downloadable reports and news on the work of this consultant organization. "The Development Partners Group (DPG) recognises the crucial importance of strong national leadership of the development programme in Tanzania. In addressing harmonisation, the DPG seeks to reduce transaction costs for Government. A number of sector coordination groups have been formed to work on both macro and sectoral issues."
- Tanzania Investment Centre Official Website (Dar es Salaam)
Basic information for business interests and investment opportunities on behalf of the government of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- TanzaniaInvest (EP Media, Ltd., UK)
Produced by a consultant based in the UK, this unofficial site is aimed at investment promotion in Tanzania, with business news briefs on various industries and economic sectors and in-depth reports--requiring free registration.
- Tanzania On-line Information Center (United Nations Development Programme, United Nations Organization, Government of Tanzania, and the Economic & Social Research Foundation, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
An extensive, searchable archive of documents and reports (1990--) from UN agencies, the World Bank, and the Government of Tanzania on development issues for Tanzania. Abstracts or summaries are viewed in HTML; full texts available in PDF.
- TaTEDO--Tanzania Traditional Energy Development Organization (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
"...a sustainable energy development organization based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania with zonal offices in Shinyanga and Moshi towns, implementing activities in more than ten (10) regions, 30 districts and 70 villages in Tanzania...has more than twenty years’ experience actively involved in sustainable energy development projects and programmes in rural areas."
--Research and studies
- Tanzania without poverty: a plain language guide to Tanzania's Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper = Tanzania bila umasikini: kijitabu kinachoelezea kwa lugha rahisi mkakati wa kupunguza umasikini. -- Arusha, Tanzania ; [United Kingdom] : Hakikazi Catalyst Ltd., 2001.
Prepared by George Clark ; with the assistance of Dr. Y.I. Rubanza and Prof. H. Mwansoko in translating the text into plain language Kiswahili ; cartoons by Ally Masoud.
- United Nations Development Programme on Tanzania (New York)
- UNFPA--United Nations Population Fund: Search for Tanzania Country Indicators, Policy Developments, and Overview (New York)
- United Nations Habitat on Tanzania (Nairobi, Kenya)
- United States Agencies on the Tanzanian Economy (Washington, DC)
- WaterAid: a development charity (UK)
- The World Bank on Tanzania (Washington, DC)
- World Economic Forum on Africa 2010, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, May 5-7, 2010 (Geneva, Switzerland)
"The WEF is a business-centered organization acting as an interface with all stakeholders in society...membership is primarily drawn from the world's 1,000 leading global companies..."
--See also: WEF Home Page
- World Health Organization on United Republic of Tanzania (Geneva, Switzerland; Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania)