- Africa Portal Library (A project of the Centre for International Governance Innovation, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda; South African Institute of International Affairs, Johannesburg, South Africa)
A digital library of over 3000 books, journals, and documents related to African policy issues; a directory of experts; plus, current news analysis and opinion articles.
- "A bibliography of Karamoja, Uganda: books and articles published in English," by Michael D. Quam (1999). Electronic journal of Africana bibliography ; no. 5. -- Iowa City : University of Iowa Libraries, 1999.
- Bibliography of Research on Uganda Women, 1986-2001. Compiled by Shela Jhaveri and Margaret Snyder. (via Women of Uganda Network)
An excerpt from a book edited by Joy Kwesiga and Aili Tripp, The new women's movement in Uganda (forthcoming in 2002).
- National Book Trust of Uganda (NABOTU) (Kampala, Uganda)
- Buganda Home Page (Mukasa E. Ssemakula, Wayne State University, Ohio)
- Bukedde. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: New Vision Printing & Publishing Corporation, 2000 -
Current daily issue in Luganda and a searchable archive -- since 2000 -- of the electronic version of this government-run newspaper.
- Centre for Basic Research (Kampala, Uganda)
The CBR website provides detailed information on the various research projects and activities of the centre. "Centre for Basic Research (CBR) was established in 1988 as an educational trust...to generate and disseminate knowledge by conducting basic and applied research of social, economic and political significance to Uganda in particular and Africa in general, so as to influence policy, raise consciousness and improve quality of life."
- GandaAncestry.Com (Shrewsbury, New Jersey)
This site features very basic cultural information on the Baganda, a Luganda crossword, a Luganda dictionary, "Ganda News", links to other Ganda cultural sites, and a subscription to a geneaology directory and other services.
- International Bureau of Education = Bureau de l'Education International: Uganda (UNESCO, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Kasubi Tombs of the Buganda Kingdom, Kampala, Uganda UNESCO World Heritage Site
(Kabaka Foundation, Kampala, Uganda)
- Kituo Cha Katiba -- East African Centre for Constitutional Development (Faculty of Law, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda)
- The site provides general information about the centre's programmes, as well as an archive of legal documents and instruments, a list of cases pending in Uganda, a list of holdings in the centre's library, maps, other related information.
- Regional and national laws (constitutions, treaties, orders of council, etc.)
- MusicUganda.Com (Paul Mwandha et al., Music Uganda, Ltd., Kampala, Uganda)
This website features popular music industry news, photographs, music reviews, and related links for Uganda and Africa in general.
- Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project (via East Lansing, Michigan)
The official web site of a community-based project with a wholistic approach to education for children and their families in southwestern Uganda. "To provide a high-quality, free education, both formal and informal, to children who have been orphaned due to HIV/AIDS in order to counteract pervasive hunger, poverty and systemic deprivation."
- PABA--Pan African Booksellers Association (2008) (Kampala, Uganda)
- Republic of Uganda: Ministry of Education and Sport (Kampala, Uganda)
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (Kampala, Uganda)
This official website includes a wealth of information about the activities of the bureau, links to web sites of several government ministries, and recent government statistics in HTML format, including the 2002 Census, information on education, health, labor, energy, migration, etc. In addition, the site includes a databank, with downloadable statistics in EXCEL format.
- The Uganda Society (Kampala, Uganda ; via the University of Pennsylvania African Studies Center, Philadelphia)
- Originally founded in 1923, in existence for a half century until the 1980s, and finally revived in 1994, the society has always sought to play a prominent role in scientific research and other scholarly pursuits in Uganda. It's main publication: The Uganda Journal.
- The Uganda Society Newsletter. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda : The Society ; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania : The University of Pennsylvania African Studies Center, 1995-
- About the Uganda Society Library
- Universities in Uganda
- Bishop Stuart University (Kakoba, Mbarara, Uganda)
- Busoga University (Iganga, Uganda) Founded in 1999.
- Central Buganda University (Kanoni-Gomba, Mpigi, Uganda)
- Islamic University in Uganda (Mbale, Uganda)
- Kampala International University (Kampala, Uganda)
- Kampala University (Kampala, Uganda) Since 1999
- Kyambogo University (Kyambogo, Uganda) Since 2001
- Makerere University (Kampala, Uganda)
- Basic information on the university and its programs; with some photographs.
- East African School of Library & Information Science
- Makerere University School of Graduate Studies
- Makerere University Business School
- Makerere University Faculty of Law
--Human Rights and Peace Centre
"HURIPEC was set up to provide a focused intellectual and activist space to spearhead the promotion and protection of human rights and peace through a combination of teaching, research, documentation, public debate, seminars, and outreach programmes."
--Refugee Law Project
- Makerere Institute of Social Research
"[The Institute] is the former East African Institute of Social Research (EAISR), which was established in 1948...In 1970, when Makerere University became a national University, the former EAISR became Makerere Institute of Social Research (MISR) under the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences...MISR regained its semi-autonomous status (independence from the Faculty of Social Sciences) in 1994."
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology (Mbarara, Uganda)
- Mountains of the Moon University (Fort Portal, Uganda) Since 2005
- Nkumba University (Entebbe, Uganda) Since 1994
- Uganda Christian University, The Church of the Province of Uganda (Mukono, Uganda)
- Uganda Martyrs University, Kampala