Watson Library of Business and Economics Circulation Policies
You must have a current valid Columbia or affiliate ID to receive borrowing privileges.
- Undergraduate students and staff: 4 weeks
- Officers, Ph.D. students, and graduate students: semester loan
- All circulating items may be recalled by another patron, or for course reserves.
Reserve Circulation (same for all borrowers)
- Last copies: 2 hours or until closing (no renewals)
- Other copies, subject to change over holidays and intersession:
- Overnight after 3 p.m. Mon–Wed, due 10 a.m. the following day.
- Overnight after 3 p.m. Thurs, all day Fri–Sun, due 10 a.m. Mon.
You may renew an item up to 10 times from the original check-out date unless another borrower has requested it, an instructor needs it for reserves, or your borrowing privileges are suspended.
- Online renewal is available from the ‘My Library Account’ link in CLIO.
- You may renew items in person at the library from which they were borrowed.
- Reserves items cannot be renewed.
- 25 cents per calendar day up to a maximum of $7.50
- Additional $75 fee charged after 45 days to replace the item
- $1 per hour for each hour the item is overdue, up to a maximum of $50
- Additional $75 fee charged after 7 days to replace the item
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if a recalled item is not returned on time
- Fines: $1 for each calendar day that a recalled item is overdue, up to a maximum of $30
Conditions for Suspension of Circulation Privileges
- One or more overdue or recalled items have not been returned, or
- One or more Interlibrary Loan items have been not returned, or
- $299 or more in fines or fees are owed.
- Current and bound periodicals circulate for 2 hours to faculty and Ph.D. students only.
- Microfilm and microfiche do not circulate.
- Reference materials do not circulate.
- Fragile items do not circulate.