Timelines & Histories
Links to a series of informative timelines created in 2004 for Columbia's 250th anniversary website:
- Columbia Through Time
- Women at Columbia Timeline
- Columbia College Student Life Timeline
- Columbia University and the City of New York Timeline
- Columbia and Higher Learning in America Timeline
Time of Columbia Engineering during their 150th anniversary:
- Timeline from 1864 to 2014
- Columbia Engineering 150
- History of the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Sceince
Timeline of the Columbia Business School during their centennial celebration:
Timeline of the Core Curriculum:
Timeline created by the Health Sciences Library Archives & Special Collections:
Timeline created by staff at Columbia College:
Put together by Frank da Cruz, this site and photo gallery document the history of computing at Columbia University:
- An historical sketch of Columbia College in the City of New York 1754-1876. New York: Printed for the College, MacGowan & Slipper, Press, 1876.
- A history of Columbia University, 1754-1904: published in commemoration of the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the founding of King's College. New York: The Columbia University Press, The Macmillan Company, agents; London, Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904.
- A guide to Columbia University, with some account of its history and traditions, edited by John William Robson. New York, Columbia University Press, 1937.
- The rise of a university, volume I : The later days of old Columbia College. New York: Columbia University Press, 1937.
- The rise of a university, volume II : The university in action. New York, Columbia University Press, 1937.
- A history of Columbia College on Morningside. New York: Columbia University Press, 1954.
- Crisis at Columbia: an inside report on the rebellion at Columbia from the pages of the Columbia Daily Spectator. New York: Columbia Spectator, 1968.
- Arrowsmith, Robert. Columbia of yesterday 1754-1897. Reprinted from the 1926 Columbian.
- Avron, Jerry et al. Up against the Ivy Wall: a history of the Columbia crisis, by Jerry L. Avorn, with Andrew Crane [and others] of the staff of the Columbia Daily Spectator. Edited with an introduction by Robert Friedman. New York, Atheneum Press, 1969 [c1968].
- Bergdoll, Barry. Mastering McKim's plan: Columbia's first century on Morningside Heights. New York: Columbia University, Miriam and Ira Wallach Art Gallery, 1997.
- Coon, Horace. Columbia: Colossus on the Hudson. New York: E.P. Dutton & Co. 1947.
- Cross, Timothy P. An oasis of order: the core curriculum at Columbia College. New York, NY: Columbia University, Columbia College, 1995.
- Dolkart, Andrew. Morningside Heights: a history of its architecture & development. New York: Columbia University Press, 1998.
- Humphrey, David C. From King's College to Columbia, 1746-1800. New York: Columbia University Press, 1976.
- Keppel, Frederick Paul. Columbia. New York: Oxford University Press, 1914.
- McCaughey, Robert A. Stand, Columbia: a history of Columbia University in the City of New York, 1754-2004. New York: Columbia University Press, c2003.
- Moore, George Henry. Collegium regale Novi Eboraci: The origin and early history of Columbia College. New York: Printed for the author, 1890.
- Moore, N.F. An historical sketch of Columbia College, in the City of New-York. New York: Printed for Columbia College, 1846.
- Nelson, Charles Alexander. Columbiana: a bibliography of manuscripts, pamphlets and books relating to the history of King's College, Columbia College, Columbia University. Lancaster, PA: The New Era Printing Company, 1904.
- Pine, John Buckley. King's College and the early days of Columbia College: A Paper Read at the Nineteenth Annual Meeting of the New York State Historical Association, October 3, 1917. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Pine, John Buckley. King's College, now Columbia University 1754-1897. New York: J. J. Little & co, c1896.
- Rosenberg, Rosalind. Changing the subject: how the women of Columbia shaped the way we think about sex and politics. New York: Columbia University Press, c2004.