Instagram Competition Terms & Conditions
Who May Enter
- All affiliated Columbia University students, faculty, and staff with a valid UNI are eligible to participate.
- Columbia University Libraries and Information Services personnel are ineligible to win.
- Only digital files (images, videos) submitted via Instagram will be eligible for consideration.
- Files submitted must be the original work of the submitter, or files must indicate the source of the image/video.
- To enter, users must tag @columbiascience in the caption/comments field and must include the hashtag designation of the semester's theme:
- Fall 2015 (September-December): #labgoals
- Summer 2015 (June-August): #SummerofScience
- Spring 2015 (February-May): #iheartscience
- Holidays 2014 (November-January): #Energy and/or Mass and/or #Light
- Fall 2014 (September-October): #Laboratory
- Summer 2014 (June-August): #ScienceSelfie
- May 2014: #data
- April 2014: #experiment
- Files posted and tagged during the designated prize period will be eligible for that period's prizes.
- Prize periods are listed above with the relevant theme.
- Columbia University Libraries assumes no responsibility for late entries.
Judging and Agreement
- Winners will be selected by a committee of Columbia University Libraries staff and other communication professionals.
- Winners will be selected based on creativity, relevance, and originality.
- Winning files may be printed, displayed, and otherwise reproduced by the Columbia University Libraries in perpetuity, including via the @columbiascience Instagram account.
- Entries not complying with the contest rules will be disqualified.
- Winners will be contacted within two weeks of the contest end date via Instagram.