DSSC Data Service
Use the Research Data Services Research Guides for identifying and locating GIS and Numeric data
- Geospatial data which is suitable for use in GIS mapping software, can come in a variety formats: vector, raster, imagery, or data tables.
- Numeric data which is suitable for use in statistical software and covers a wide range of topics: socio-demographic data, public opinion polls, politics, health, economics, and more.
- Maps can also be used in GIS applications so help using the Lehman Map Collection is provided.
Services to Support Users
- Identifying numeric and spatial data products either in the Libraries' collection or elsewhere
- Capturing or extracting data from their source
- Working with meta-data and data dictionaries that accompany data
- Formatting suitable for research or analysis
- Help with using statistical or GIS software as per the Consulting Guidelines for DSSC Support for Data
- Workstations dedicated to those needing our services and doing quantitative work.