DSSC Data Service
The DSSC Data Service within the Digital Social Science Center (DSSC) focuses on users doing quantitative work and needing assistance with either GIS or statistical software.
It is in Lehman room IAB215 directly down the stairs from the main DSSC space.
Use the GIS & Statistical Data page for access
- Geospatial data which is suitable for use in GIS mapping software, can come in a variety formats: vector, raster, imagery, or data tables.
- Numeric data which is suitable for use in statistical software and covers a wide range of topics: socio-demographic data, public opinion polls, politics, health, economics, and more.
- Maps can also be used in GIS applications so help using the Lehman Map Collection is provided.
Services to Support Users
- Identifying numeric and spatial data products either in the Libraries' collection or elsewhere
- Capturing or extracting data from their source
- Working with meta-data and data dictionaries that accompany data
- Formatting suitable for research or analysis
- Help with using statistical or GIS software as per the Consulting Guidelines for DSSC Support for Data
- Workstations dedicated to those needing our services and doing quantitative work.