Requests for Library Materials
These services are for Columbia affiliates only.
Document Delivery & InterLibrary Loan
Patrons at Lamont Doherty
Lamont campus patrons should contact the Geoscience library staff in Lamont Hall by e-mail or phone (845-365-8808) to request materials not available in the Geoscience Library. When requesting material be sure to include as complete of a citation/reference as possible (author, title, volume, pages, etc).
All other patrons
Requests for Geosciences Library Items to the Geology Library
The Geoscience Library is located at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, approximately 17 miles from Morningside Campus. You may request Geoscience Library materials be delivered to the Geology Library. Please follow these steps:
- Check CLIO for the items you need.
- If the Geoscience Library is the only location listed for the item you want, send an e-mail to the Geology Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing the item you need. Be sure to include complete references for journal articles as well as the call number. Also please remember to include your name and UNI.
- If the requested material is available it will be delivered to the Geology Library, usually within 24 - 48 hours following receipt of your email. Occasionally requested items cannot be supplied and library staff will notify you via email. You may call the Geology Library to verify receipt of your requests by calling (212) 854-4713.
Warning concerning copyright restrictions
- The copyright law of the United States governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
- Photocopies or other reproductions can be furnished only under certain conditions, if they will be used solely for private study, scholarship, or search. Use of the reproduction for other purposes may make the user liable for copyright infringement.
- The institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.