The Gambia: Online News & the Internet
- All Africa.Com: Recent News Summaries on Gambia (AllAfrica Global Media, Washington, DC)News summaries are based mostly on The Independent (Banjul), Daily Observer (Banjul), The Point (Banjul), the United Nations, Pan African News Agency (PANA), and other sources. Warning: the searchable archive for articles older than 30 days is only available through subscription.
- BBC News on The Gambia (British Broadcasting Corporation, London, UK)
- BBC News Country Profile on The Gambia (2017)
- "Gambia elections: President-elect Adama Barrow's life story," January 19, 2017; "Profile: Former Gambian President Yahya Jammeh," January 22, 2017
- "Gambia crisis: Senegal sends in troops to back elected leader," January 19, 2017;
"The Gambia's president declares a state-of-emergency," January 17, 2017
"Gambia President-elect Adama Barrow's son killed by dog...Mr Barrow...advised to remain in Senegal for his safety," January 16, 2017 ; "Gambia election crisis: What next for Jammeh?" December 14, 2016 ; "Gambia security forces 'seize election commission HQ," December 13, 2016 ; "Gambia elections: President-Elect Adama Barrow's life story," December 2, 2016 and related stories
- Daily news. (Online) -- [Banjul, The Gambia]: Daily News, 2009-The electronic version of a Gambian daily newspaper and an archive of news stories since November 2009.
- Daily observer. (Online) -- Banjul: The Gambia, 2007-The online version of an English language daily newspaper from Banjul; with a searchable archive of back issue articles from 2015 only!
- Foroyaa. (Online) -- Serrekunda, The Gambia: Foroyaa, 2007-An electronic newspaper with current news from The Gambia and an archive of selected articles since July 2007.
- Gambian Daily News -- Bantaba in Cyberspace -- The Gambia: NEXTSITE, Inc., in cooperation with Commit Enterprises, Ltd. -- via Momodou Camara, Copenhagen, Denmark.Current news reports are, in fact, links to AllAfrica.Com; plus links to several electronic newspapers, including: Daily News, Daily Observer, Foroyaa, and The Point. The site also includes a forum for Gambians--"Bantaba in Cyberspace".
- Gambia echo, The. (Online) -- Raleigh, North Carolina: The Gambia Echo Newspaper LLC, 2006-Selected news and commentary on Gambian and West African current affairs.
--"Amid massive cabinet resignations, Gambia's desperate despot declares emergency," January 17, 2017
--"Gambian Bar--'Jammeh's Rejection of Election Result Tantamount to Treason under Gambian Constitution," December 13, 2016
- The Gambia journal (2011)--Archive. (GRTS International, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA)A news portal web site on Gambian current affairs, with selected news from the Gambian press, news analyses and commentary, and general information on The Gambia. The site also offered The Gambia Journal Confidential, an online magazine accessible only with a membership/subscription.
- Jollofnews (via London, UK)A web site launched in January 2010 to offer selected news on The Gambia and Senegal in English.
--See especially: Election News Coverage--2016 ; Gambia 2016 Election Results ;
"Gambia 'Missing Millions' After Jammeh Flies into Exile," January 23, 2017
"Senegal halts military operation in Gambia, gives Jammeh midday ultimatum," January 19, 2017;
"Why I declared a state-of-emergency in Gambia," January 17, 2017
"ECOWAS to take necessary actions...," December 17, 2016 ;
"IEC Chariman 'Rebuffs' Jammeh," December 12, 2016 ; "Regional Leaders Due in Gambia for Crunch Talks with Jammeh," December 12, 2016 ; "Adama Barrow Fears for Safety," December 11, 2016
- Point, The. (Online) -- Banjul, The Gambia: The Point Newspaper, 2005-The online version of the week day newspaper, with an archive of selected back news stories organized under topics since August 2005.
- QuantumNET (Banjul, The Gambia)Internet services in The Gambia and news of the day (including GRTS TV News Headlines; plus highlights from back issues of Gambian newspapers, etc.).
- Republic of the Gambia: Office of The Gambian President -- State House Online (Banjul, The Gambia)The official site for current government news and information.