Ghana: Online News & the Internet
- All Africa.Com's Recent News Summaries on Ghana (AllAfrica Global Media, Washington, DC)News summaries in English based on reports from Ghanaian and other West African newspapers, the United Nations, and other sources. Warning: news articles older than 30 days are accessible only via subscription.
- America.gov: US President Barack Obama in Ghana, July 10-11, 2009 (Washington, DC)
- BBC News on Ghana (British Broadcasting Corporation, London, UK)
- Daily graphic. (Online) (See Graphic Ghana below)
- Daily guide. (Online) -- Accra, Ghana: Western Publications, 2005-The web site of the daily Ghanaian newspaper, begun in 2005 ; with new stories and features for the last month only.
- Elections in Ghana 2016 and earlier (via Columbia University Libraries)
- Football in Ghana
- Ghana Business News (Legon, Accra, Ghana)A business and general news portal site for Ghana, with an archive of news stories since December 2008.
- Ghanaian chronicle, The. (Online) -- Accra: The Chronicle, 1996-.Current electronic issue of the daily newspaper from Ghana and selected articles from the current week.
- Ghana Review International (Online) -- U.K.: Ghana Review Ltd., 1996-.A news service on Ghanaian affairs, with an archive of news from the past three weeks, special reports on Parliament and other aspects of Ghanaian politics; plus, international news.
- GhanaWeb's Current News and News Archive (Francis Kojo Awuku Akoto, Finland; Rob Bellaart, GhanaWeb.Com, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- See also: Ghana Sports News
- Graphic Ghana Daily graphic. (Online) -- Accra, Ghana: Graphic Communications Group Ltd., 2004-The online edition of the Daily Graphic newspaper, with Graphic Sports and The Mirror (society news). Current news, with selected news articles from the last 6 months.
- The Internet in Ghana (See below)
- Media Foundation for West Africa (Legon, Accra, Ghana)This site --in English or in French-- features current news and alerts on press freedom issues in the region. "The MFWA seeks to advance the development of free mass media and of a culture of free expression using advocacy strategies, networking and collaboration..."
- ModernGhana.Com: Ghana Resource Center (Modern Ghana Media Communications Ltd., Accra, Ghana)
News, commentary, and Ghana-related web links.
- Public agenda. (Online) -- Accra, Ghana: Integrated Social Development Centre--ISODEC, via GhanaWeb.Com, 2002-Published twice per week, this online newspaper focuses especially on development issues and politics in Ghana. The site features selected back issue articles since 2002.
- Radio News & Talk Programs from Ghana
- Citi 97.3 fm -- citifmonline (Accra, Ghana)Political and business news website of the English-speaking radio station that operates from Adabraka in Accra.
- Joy Online (JoyFM.Com, Accra, Ghana)The 24-hour online news and cultural broadcast service from Ghana. RealPlayer is required to hear live broadcast.
- Voice of Ghana (Accra)Political and entertainment news briefs from Ghana...plus links to 50 radio stations, news and contemporary music programs, on *Live* VOG Radio Centre.
- Citi 97.3 fm -- citifmonline (Accra, Ghana)
- Statesman, The. (Online) -- Accra, Ghana: The Statesman, 2006-The newspaper was originally founded in 1949. Since 2006, it has been published as a daily. The website offers the electronic version of the current and recent news, plus an archive of selected past articles since January 2007.
Ghana and the Internet
- GhanaDotCom (Accra, Ghana)This site offers information on internet services and useful links to Ghana-related web sites.
- GINKS -- Ghana Information Network for Knowledge Sharing (Accra, Ghana?)A website with ICT news and discussion fora. "GINKS was born [in 2003] out of a collaboration between the International Institute for Communication (IICD) and its local partners in Ghana, with the aim of streamlining all the disjointed ICT projects, initiatives and programs in Ghana, in a way that provides solutions to challenges and problems."
- Internet Society--Ghana Chapter (Accra, Ghana)"...established in February 1996...to inform the private and public community of Internet users, on recent developments in Internet technologies and their impact on today's global society."
- National Information and Communications Infrastructure for Sustainable Development in Africa: Ghana, 1999 (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)General background, Internet connectivity data, and project information.
- Open Access 2009 -- 7th International Conference on Open Access, Accra, Ghana, 2-3 November 2009 (University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana)The site includes excerpts from the OA Programme...in PowerPoint and PDF formats.
- Telephone and Communications in Ghana (Francis Kojo Awuku Akoto, Finland; Rob Bellaart, GhanaWeb.Com)This web page offers very brief statistics and related links. See also, the Ghana Home Page
- West Africa Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF), October 14-16, 2009, Accra, Ghana
A workshop sponsored by AfriNIC--Regional Registry for Internet Number Resources for Africa (Port Louis, Mauritius)