Liberia: Online News & the Internet
- All Africa.Com: Recent News Summaries on Liberia (AllAfrica Global Media, Washington, DC)News summaries are based mostly on The News (Monrovia), the United Nations, Pan African News Agency (PANA), and other sources. Warning: access to articles older than 30 days requires a subscription.
- BBC News on Liberia (British Broadcasting Corporation, London, UK)
- BBC News Country Profile on Liberia (2014) and related past news stories
- "Ebola crisis: Liberia 'faces huge surge', says WHO (September 8, 2014)
- "Liberia's Sirleaf seeks re-election amid Tubman boycott" (November 8, 2011) ; "Can Liberia's leading lady fight off election challenge?" (October 10, 2011)
- "Liberian leader 'to boost women'" (November 24, 2005); plus other election coverage and profiles of President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, George Weah, Charles Taylor, etc.
- "Liberia vote goes to second round" (October 17, 2005)
- Q & A on Liberia's Conflict (July-October 2003): a review of events and recent history, with links to older news.
- Daily observer. (Online) The Liberian observer -- Monrovia, Liberia: The Liberian Observer Corporation, 2005-
The electronic version of the daily newspaper, with current and recent news that are freely accessible; but a paid subscription is required to read the full online archives since 2009
- FrontPageAfrica (Monrovia, Liberia)Since 2011..."Liberia’s leading investigative online news magazine": the website is a counterpart to the newspaper."
- Elections in Liberia, 2011 and earlier (via Columbia University Libraries)
- Heritage. (Online)-Archive -- Monrovia, Liberia: Heritage Newspaper, 2011-2014Warning: articles do not include dates of publication. In any case, updates appear to have been suspended several months ago. The online version of a printed newspaper in publication since 1996.
- Informer, The. (Online) -- Monrovia, Liberia: Satellite Communications Systems, Inc., 2005-An electronic daily owned and operated by Liberians, with archive of selected news stories since September 2005.
- Inquirer, The. (Online) -- Monrovia, Liberia: The Inquirer, 2005-The current electronic issue of this weekday newspaper, with articles from the past week only.
- International Center for Transitional Justice: Transitional justice reporting audit: a review of media coverage of the truth and reconciliation process in Liberia (January-February 2008)
39 pages in PDF format. -- New York: ICTJ ; Paris: UNESCO, 2008.
--See also: Final Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Liberia (July 2009)
- LBS Online Liberia Broadcasting System (Monrovia)The official news portal in Liberia, with current and past news summaries, video clips, programme information, and related links.
- Liberia Media Center (Press Union of Liberia and the Partnership for Media and Conflict Prevention in West Africa; Monrovia)"Established since 2005, the Liberia Media Center is...an independent and legally registered not-for-profit media organization that fosters development of the local media through the utilization of communication and informations sources."
- The Liberian Connection (Ciata Victor-Baptiste et al., Brockton, Massachusetts)Links to current news stories, general reference on Liberia, other web sites, and Liberians on the Net.
- The Liberian journal. (Online) -- Brooklyn, New York: The Journal, 2008-An online magazine with current news and opinions by Liberians living in the USA, with articles from major Western newswire services, UN agencies, and individual contributors; plus music and video features.
- LiberianForum.Com (Solomon Myers, Ph.D., Canada)This web site is a forum (or bulletin board) for news or links to news from and about Liberia and provides links to other key Liberia-related sites.
- New dawn, The. (Online) -- Monrovia, Liberia: Searchlight Communications, 2011-The online version of an "independent" newspaper from Liberia offering current and recent news reports.
- New democrat. (Online) -- Monrovia, Liberia: ND, 2010-The Liberian electronic newspaper offering current news and an archive of older articles since November 2010.
- New Liberian.com. (Minneapolis, Minnesota)A human rights news site edited by Liberians in the USA.
- The News Pinnacle: news from Liberia and Mano River States (Consolidated Media, Inc., USA; Monrovia, Liberia)A current digital news web site feature articles mostly on Liberia and its neighbors.
- The Perspective. (Online) -- Atlanta, Georgia: The Perspective, 1998-Current monthly news analysis and editorials on Liberian affairs, with a back issues archive since January 1998; plus related links.
- RadioStationWorld: Liberia Radio and Television (Chicago, Illinois)General and contact information on Liberian TV and radio stations.
- The United Nations on Liberia, 1993-
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA):-- Integrated Regional Information Network on LiberiaDaily and weekly news reports; plus links to regional news.-- ReliefWeb on LiberiaLinks to current or breaking news stories. The reports are compiled and archived by the IRIN and other news services.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA):
- West Africa Democracy Radio -- Liberia News (Dakar, Senegal)Brief current news articles and highlights from news broadcasts are featured on this site.
"...a trans-territorial radio station set up to facilitate the exchange of development information between and among countries of West Africa, including Mauritania, Chad and Cameroon...an undertaking of the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)."