- African confidential, The. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: The African Confidential Ltd., 2012-
The online version of "The East African Edition" of a monthly news magazine, based in Kampala, Uganda, with a branch office in Nairobi, Kenya. Searching the site yields articles since 2012.
- Al Jazeera English: "Bitter Root" Witness (Doha, Qatar)
A 47 minute film about former LRA soldiers by Kelly Negara, posted October 13, 2011. "Two former Lord's Resistance Army commanders seek tribal justice to reconcile their pasts."
- All Africa.Com: Recent News Summaries on Uganda (AllAfrica Global Media, Washington, DC)
News reports compiled from the Pan African News Agency (PANA) and Ugandan newspapers: New Vision and The Monitor. Warning: a subscription is required to search the archives of articles more than
30 days old.
- Bukedde. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: New Vision Printing & Publishing Corporation, 2000 -
Current daily issue in Luganda and a searchable archive -- since 2000 -- of the electronic version of this government-run newspaper.
- CIPESA: ICT Policy Centre for Eastern and Southern Africa (Kampala, Uganda)
"Collaboration on International ICT Policy in East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) is one of two centres established under the Catalysing Access to Information and Communications Technologies in Africa (CATIA) initiative, which was funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DfID)."
-- CIPESA publications and other resources
- 9th Annual International Conference on Computing and ICT Research, August 4-6, 2013, Kampala, Uganda (School of Computing and Informatics Technology, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda)
- East African business week. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: East African Business Week Ltd., 2005-
The electronic version of a weekly newspaper covering business news mostly for Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, sometimes for neighboring countries. Several weeks of reports are readily available on the web site; use "search" feature to find reports from back issues since October 2005.
- Elections in Uganda 2011 (via Columbia University Libraries)
- Ggwanga. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: Buganda News Publishing House, Ltd., 2010-
The electronic version of the bi-weekly Luganda language "independent" newspaper.
- Independent, The. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: The Independent, 2008-
The electronic version of a weekly news magazine for Uganda, East Africa, and the world, with back issue articles since December 2008.
- Kampala dispatch, The. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: The Kampala Dispatch, 2010-
The electronic version of an "independent" monthly news magazine from Uganda, offering reports, interviews, and analysis on national, African regional, and international issues.
- Kata Kata: the authentic African cartoon magazine. (Online) -- The Netherlands; Kampala, Uganda: Kata Kata, 2013-
The electronic international version of a quarterly cartoon magazine, featuring comics with political and cultural satire.
- Le Monde Diplomatique Archives, 2006--: Ouganda (Paris)
De plus, on peut chercher << Ouganda >> dans les archives.
- Monitor, The. (Online). -- Kampala, Uganda : 1996-.
Current and recent electronic issues of the independent daily newspaper from Uganda. Note: the archive is only searchable for subscribers.
- National Information and Communications Infrastructure for Sustainable Development in Africa: Uganda, 1999 (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
General background, Internet connectivity data, and project information.
- New Vision, The. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: New Vision Printing & Publishing Corporation, 2000 -
Current daily issue and a searchable archive -- since 2000 -- of the electronic version of this pro-government newspaper (originally founded in 1986).
- NTV Uganda (Kampala)
National television programming---local Ugandan and regional African news; with archive of selected shows.
- Observer, The. (Online) -- Kampala, Uganda: The Observer, 2008-
The site offers the current issue of the electronic version of the Ugandan newspaper, appearing every Sunday and Wednesday, with an archive of selected articles, editorials, and opinions since May 2008.
- RadioStationWorld on Uganda (USA)
A directory of Ugandan radio stations, with links to subscription-based access.
- Uganda record, The. (Online) -- Kampala: Uganda Record Media Ltd., 2010-
NOTE: Updates to this site are delayed: the electronic version of a bi-weekly English language "independent" newspaper, with selected recent and old news reports and opinion articles.
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)