Zambia: Education, Health, History, & Culture
- Bemba Home Page (Debra Spitulnik, David Charnon, and Mubanga E. Kashoki, Department of Anthropology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia)This site offers a bibliography of resources, a linguistic profile, and a selection of audio files for this major language and cultural group of Zambia.
- Caine Prize for African Writing (UK): 2015 Caine Prize -- "The Sack" by Namwali Serpell, Zambia-born, US-based English professor
See: "Also shortlisted" to find the full text of "The Sack" In: Africa39 (Bloomsbury, London, 2014); 13 pages in PDF format
- Centre for African Family Studies: Heads, tails or equality?: men, women and reproductive health in Zambia. -- Excerpts -- Nairobi, Kenya: CAFS in collaboration with Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia, 2000.
- Demographic and Health Surveys: Zambia Indicators, Datasets, and Reports (2007 and earlier) (Calverton, Maryland)
- The fractured community : landscapes of power and gender in rural Zambia. (Online) by Kate Crehan. -- Berkeley, CA : University of California Press Electronic Editions and The University of California Library, 1999.The complete text (no illustrations or maps) in electronic format of this major work in anthropology, originally published in 1997.
- HIV/AIDS Impact on Education Clearinghouse -- Zambia (UNESCO, International Institute for Educational Planning,
- International Bureau of Education = Bureau de l'Education International: Zambia (UNESCO, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Documents & resources (Reports and statistics)
- The development of education: national report of Zambia, April 2000. (Zambia, Ministry of Education. 46th Session of the International Conference on Education, Geneva, 5-8 September, 2001) PDF format.
- The Kalela dance: aspects of social relationships among urban Africans in northern Rhodesia. By J. Clyde Mitchell (1956). Experience Rich Anthropology. -- Canterbury, UK: Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing, University of Kent, This electronic book is part of a larger collection of selected readings, field notes, and teaching aids.
- Languages of Zambia Page (Lee S. Bickmore, Department of Anthropology, State University of New York at Albany)A list of languages of Zambia and related links on Zambia.
- Zambia's Literature, An Overshadowed Literature : Mapping the Field. (2011) By Ranka Primorac -- -- Mainz, Germany: Jahn Library for African LIteratures, Department of Anthropology and African Studies, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, 2011. A bibliography in 3 parts; in PDF format
- National Archives of Zambia (Lusaka)This site features general information for researchers/visitors, a few sample photos and other images, and recent news about the archives.
- Network for Historical Research in Zambia (Lusaka, Zambia)Officially launched in 2003, this international organization promotes scholarly exchange and offers an online directory of scholars actively pursuing research and publishing academic work on all aspects of Zambian society.
- Policy Project: Zambia (Futures Group, Washington, DC)A summary of assistance activities in HIV/AIDS policies and other reproductive health policies in Zambia, with downloadable reports in PDF format.
- UNAIDS--Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS--Zambia (Lusaka)
- University of Zambia, Lusaka:
- Zambia Health Information Digest. (Online)--Archive. A newsletter. -- Lusaka: University of Zambia Medical Library, 1996-2001.