Accessing Our Collections
The consolidated Science & Engineering Library in the Northwest Corner Building houses collections in the Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics & Astronomy, and Psychology. Collections related to Engineering, Geology, Geosciences, and Mathematics continue to be housed in those libraries.
- The Reserves collections for Biology, Chemistry, E3B, Psychology, Physics & Astronomy are available at the Science & Engineering Library (401 Northwest Corner Building.)
- Psychology reserve videos are available at the Geology Library, 601 Schermerhorn.
- Current (print) periodicals for Biology, Chemistry, E3B, Psychology, Physics & Astronomy are shelved in the Engineering Library, 422 Mudd.
- The most heavily used monographs for Biology, Chemistry, E3B, Psychology, Physics & Astronomy are on the upper floor of the Science & Engineering Library, including some non-circulating reference materials.
- Some Astronomy monographs are located on Level 2 of the Mathematics Library.
- Other materials from the closed science libraries have been moved to our off-site facility. You can request material from our off-site facility through the Libraries' catalog, CLIO.
Check Columbia University Libraries' catalog CLIO, for accurate call numbers and locations for materials. More information on accessing Columbia University Libraries' collections can be found on the LIO website.