In the new CLIO you will find the following Course Reserves features:
- A uniform system for all Libraries reserves operations (excluding Law and Teacher's College).
- Display of records for all reserves holdings.
- Reserves materials will be searchable by Instructor, Department, and Course.
- Reserves items will display as soon as items are received and processed.
- Up-to-date circulation status including the due date and time for items checked out.
Some current practices will be carried over to the new system:
- Items must be returned to lending library.
- Two hour loan period for borrowing will continue.
- Fines for late returns will continue to be enforced.
- Overnight loans, where offered, will continue.
- Links to reserves lists from Courseworks will be in place.
- Electronic full-text reserves readings will continue to be available.
Although the new CLIO "goes live" on July 7th, the new course reserves feature will not be activated until the Fall 2003 semester. For the Summer session, please continue to use LibraryWeb to access reserves materials. We will continue to develop and improve the new reserves interface with a view to providing additional search and display options.
We anticipate no interruption in our reserves service this summer. We do ask for your patience as we work through this major transition. We believe the new CLIO system will introduce valuable capabilities for Columbia's students, faculty, and staff.
Watch for weekly notices on the Libraries' progress towards implementing this new system in LibraryWeb NEWS as we continue our "CLIO countdown" to keep you informed over the coming weeks.