5 Weeks to go to July 7th
NEW YORK, June 3, 2003 - New Circulation features in CLIO:
This summer, the Libraries will launch a new version of CLIO, our online catalog and the management system that supports circulation, reserves, acquisitions, and cataloging. CLIO is used by all Morningside libraries (except Law, Teachers College) and also includes the collections of the Health Sciences and Barnard libraries. The new CLIO is scheduled to "go live" following the July 4 weekend.
In the new CLIO, you will have the option to:
- See the items you have checked out and list the items you have requested
- See any outstanding fines and fees
- Place real-time renewals, recall and hold requests
- Receive email notices before your books are due
- Overdue fines for circulating books will be reduced to $0.25 per day per item with a maximum fine of $7.50
- Fines for overdue recalled items will increase to $1.00 per day per item with a maximum of $30.00
- Reserve fines will remain unchanged at $1.00 per hour per item with a $50.00 maximum
- Visitors with borrowing privileges will be allowed to borrow a maximum of 20 items
We anticipate no interruption in your ability to check out and return books, in your use of reserves, or in requesting materials from offsite facilities. We do ask for your patience as we work through this major transition. We believe the new CLIO system will introduce valuable capabilities for Columbia's faculty, staff, and students.
Watch for weekly notices on the Libraries' progress towards implementing this new system in LibraryWeb NEWS as we continue our "CLIO countdown" to keep you informed over the next 2 months.