8 Weeks to go to July 7th
NEW YORK, May 14, 2003 - Changes in current CLIO during the May/June transition:
This summer, the Libraries will launch a new version of CLIO, our online catalog and the management system that supports circulation, reserves, acquisitions, and cataloging. CLIO is used by all Morningside libraries (except Law and Teachers College) and also includes the collections of Health Sciences and Barnard libraries. The new CLIO is scheduled to "go live" following the July 4 weekend.
During the May and June transition period, the Libraries is changing most of its processing and workflow procedures, is conducting a series of staff training sessions in how the new CLIO will operate, and is migrating four million catalog records and millions of transaction records to the new system. For members of the Columbia community, the current version of CLIO will continue to be fully operational during this transition period, but notable changes include:
- Newly received and cataloged items in May and June will not display in current CLIO; we ask you to use the Borrow Direct service as an alternative means of obtaining newly published materials (these items will display in the new CLIO when it becomes operational in July)
- The Health Sciences/Morningside Delivery service is suspended; you may of course, borrow materials when visiting either of these locations
- Items listed in current CLIO as "on order" or "in process" will not be available for special processing or individual notification. If you need these items before July, please use the BorrowDirect service as an alternative.
- CLIO Notify, a subscriber service, will end the week of June 3rd.
- We regret any inconvenience these changes may cause and we ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this major transition.
Watch for weekly notices on the Libraries' progress towards implementing this new system in LibraryWeb NEWS as we continue our "CLIO countdown" to keep you informed over the next 2 months.