Graduate student lockers are on the fourth and fifth floors and are assigned at the beginning of each academic year to lottery winners.
All currently enrolled Columbia University graduate students with a valid uni are eligible for 4th or 5th floor lockers. Your graduate student status will be verified. If you are not a graduate student, your name will not be entered into this locker lottery.
What's a uni?
- Only one locker may be assigned to a person.
- Students who have a study carrel space in Butler Library are not eligible for a locker unless special arrangements have been made.
- Duplicate submissions will be discarded.
- Lockers will be randomly assigned, no preferences considered.
- Lockers are non-renewable and must be emptied by the last day of finals every summer. "Squatting" is not permitted.
- Locks are provided by Butler Library and are the property of Butler Library. They may not be removed. Locker users are responsible for the replacement cost of any missing locks.
- Valuables should not be stored in lockers. The library is not responsible for lost or damaged property.
- Contents of lockers will be removed after the locker expiration date. . Any library property left in a locker will be returned to the library. Abandoned personal items will be brought to the lost and found area at the Butler Circulation Desk. Abandoned personal items may be reclaimed from Butler Circulation for 30 days from the date the lock was cut.
- Lockers may not be altered permanently.
- CUL is not liable for the loss, theft, or damage of material stored in lockers.
To enter the lottery, you must agree to the above-stated terms and conditions.