Biomedical and Health Sciences Resources
Biomedical & Health Sciences Resources
A searchable catalogue of free Internet sites and resources covering the health and life sciences.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control) - Atlanta, GA
The U.S. government's Infectious Diseases Center Page, with information, news releases and links to bioterrorism and emergency preparedness resources.
- Center for Biosecurity-UPMC (formerly Center for Civilian Defense Strategies)
This is a premier source for bioterrorism and biodefense links and information.
- CSB - ISB (Center for the Study of Bioterrorism - Instiitute of Biosecurity), St. Louis University School of Public Health
A site with excellent links to other resources.
- Columbia University Global Health Online Directory
The Global Health Directory site features the latest global-health projects at the University as well as news stories from around the world.
- CPMCnet: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
Selected electronic resources for medicine and the health sciences.
- Harrison's Online
An electronic version of the well-known medical textbook.
- Index-Catalogue of the Library of the Surgeon General (1880-1861) NLM IndexCat Help Contents
- National Academy of Sciences
Advisers to the Nation on Science, Engineering, and Medicine. Academy news, directories, publications, awards and PNAS full text.
- NCBI Bookshelf
Searchable editions of major biomedical textbooks including:, C. Elegans II; Introduction to Genetic Analysis, 7th edition; Modern Genetic Analysis; Molecular Biology of the Cell, 3rd edition; and Retroviruses. The books' electronic format does not permit browsing.
- NLM (National Library of Medicine) Health Information Gateway
Includes consumer health information, medical dictionaries, health organizations' addresses, and links to Medline and all the other NLM databases.
- Parasites - Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Introduction to medically important parasites.
- WHO (World Health Organization)
United Nations information on health topics.