Government and Politics
- Campaign/Election Coverage Research/Resource Files from Poynter Online.
- Papers and reports from Joan Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics and Public Policy, Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. Selected papers by prominent figures in journalism are available from June 1998 forward in PDF format. Others may be ordered from the address listed on the page.
- CU Libraries U.S. Government Documents
Located in Lehman Library, a Federal Depository Library, which provides access to U.S. Government publications, as well as selected New York State and New York City materials. The website is a well-organized set of guides to both print and electronic sources of government information of all types.
- CU Libraries Subject Guide: Executive Branch
- White House
- Legislative Branch (THOMAS from the Library of Congress)
- CU Libraries Subject Guide: Legislative Information
- CU Libraries Subject Guide: Judicial Branch
The National Technical Information Service (NTIS) FedWorld offers access to thousands of files across a wide range of subject areas. You can find information from Environmental Protection to Small Business. NTIS is tasked by Congress to help disseminate the vast amount of scientific and technical information along with other, non-technical information.
Political & Other
- Campaign & Elections
Created by the Documents Librarian at CU. Contains links to U.S. government, political parties, campaign '96, campaign finances, congressional voting, election results and statistics, media and politics, and polling resources sites available on the Internet.
- U.S. Political Parties
Yahoo's collection of links to political party web pages for the U.S.
Booknotes, Campaign '96, Road to the White House,Washington Journal and more.
- The Gallup Organization
The Gallup Organization provides up-to-date information on Election '96 and other Gallup polls, the Gallup Poll Monthly International Newsletter and Gallup Poll Monthly Newsletter Archives.