Decennial Census Information: 1790 Census
- Return of the whole number of persons within the several districts of the United States, according to "An act providing for the enumeration of the inhabitants of the United States," passed March the first, one thousand seven hundred and ninety-one. 1 vol.
United States. Census Office. 1st census, 1790.
HA 201 1790 - Butler Stacks
- Heads of Families at the First Census of the United States Taken in the Year 1790. 12 vol.
312 Un3 - Offsite
- First Census, 1790
United States Census Bureau
All volumes are available in both PDF and ZIP files, from the Census Bureau.
- Census Data for the Year 1790
From the United States Historical Census Data Browser, presented by the University of Virginia. Select from variables and display data.
- Census Records
National Archives & Records Administration
- The Work of Jefferson and Madison on the Decennial Census
University of Virginia
- Dubester's U.S. Census Bibliography with SuDocs Class Numbers and Indexes.
Cook, Kevin L.
Englewood, Colo. : Libraries Unlimited, 1996.
R016.3173 C772 - Butler Reference
Z 7553.C3 C66 1996 - Lehman Reference
Covers the 1790-1940 censuses, with a complete list of all census publications. Particularly useful for identification of the multiplicity of items in censuses after 1870.
- Measuring America: The Decennial Censuses from 1790 to 2000.
Washington : Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, 2002.
HA 37.U55 M376 2002 - Lehman
- Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790 to 1990.
Washington, DC : U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, 1996.
HA 214 .F67 1996g - Lehman Reference
- Population Information in Nineteenth Century Census Volumes.
Phoenix, AZ : Oryx Press, 1983.
R317.3 Sch85 - Butler Reference
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920.
Baltimore : Genealogical Pub. Co., 1987.
R911 T39 - Butler Reference
HA 217 .T5 1987g - Lehman Reference
Provides maps for each state showing changes in county boundaries for each census.
- Heads of Families at the First Census of the United States... 12 vols.
U.S. Bureau of the Census.
Washington, DC : the Bureau, 1907-1908.
312 Un3 - Annex
Web version: Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia
- List of Free Black Heads of Families in the First Census of the United States.
U.S. National Archives and Records Service.
Washington, DC : U.S. National Archives, 1973.
CD 3027 .A35 no. 34 - Butler