Decennial Census Information: 1800 Census
- Return of the whole number of persons within the several districts of the United States, according to "An act providing for the second census or enumeration of the inhabitants of the United States," passed February the twenty eighth, one thousand eight hundred. 1 vol.
United States. Census Office. 2nd census, 1800.
HA 201 1800 - Butler Stacks
- The 1800 Census reports are not yet available online.
United States Census Bureau
- Census Data for the Year 1800
From the United States Historical Census Data Browser, presented by the University of Virginia. Select variables and display data.
- Census Records
National Archives & Records Administration
- Dubester's U.S. Census Bibliography with SuDocs Class Numbers and Indexes.
Cook, Kevin L.
Englewood, Colo. : Libraries Unlimited, 1996.
R016.3173 C772 - Butler Reference
Z 7553.C3 C66 1996 - Lehman Reference
Covers the 1790-1940 censuses, with a complete list of all census publications. Particularly useful for identification of the multiplicity of items in censuses after 1870.
- Measuring America: The Decennial Censuses from 1790 to 2000.
Washington : Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, 2002.
HA37.U55 M376 2002 - Lehman
- Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790 to 1990.
Washington, DC : U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, 1996.
HA 214 .F67 1996g - Lehman Reference
- Population Information in Nineteenth Century Census Volumes.
Phoenix, AZ : Oryx Press, 1983.
R317.3 Sch85 - Butler Reference
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920.
Baltimore : Genealogical Pub. Co., 1987.
R911 T39 - Butler Reference
HA 217 .T5 1987g - Lehman Reference
Provides maps for each state showing changes in county boundaries for each census.