Decennial Census Information: 1820 Census
- Census for 1820 published by authority of an Act of Congress, under the direction of the Secretary of State. 1 vol.
United States. Census Office.
HA 201 1820a F - Butler Stacks
- Digest of accounts of manufacturing establishments in the United States, and of their manufactures / made under direction of the Secretary of State, in pursuance of a resolution of Congress, of 30th March, 1822. 1 vol.
United States. Census Office. 4th Census, 1820.
[Census of Manufactures]
HA 201 1820b F - Butler Stacks
- Fourth Census, 1820
United States Census Bureau
PDF and ZIP files of the original volumes.
- Census Data for the Year 1820
From the United States Historical Census Data Browser, presented by the University of Virginia. Select variables and display data.
- Census Records
National Archives & Records Administration
- Dubester's U.S. Census Bibliography with SuDocs Class Numbers and Indexes.
Cook, Kevin L.
Englewood, Colo. : Libraries Unlimited, 1996.
R016.3173 C772 - Butler Reference
Z 7553.C3 C66 1996 - Lehman Reference
Covers the 1790-1940 censuses, with a complete list of all census publications. Particularly useful for identification of the multiplicity of items in censuses after 1870.
- Measuring America: The Decennial Censuses from 1790 to 2000.
Washington : Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, 2002.
HA37.U55 M376 2002 - Lehman
- Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790 to 1990.
Washington, DC : U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, 1996.
HA 214 .F67 1996g - Lehman Reference
- Population Information in Nineteenth Century Census Volumes.
Phoenix, AZ : Oryx Press, 1983.
R317.3 Sch85 - Butler Reference
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920.
Baltimore : Genealogical Pub. Co., 1987.
R911 T39 - Butler Reference
HA 217 .T5 1987g - Lehman Reference
Provides maps for each state showing changes in county boundaries for each census.