Decennial Census Information: 1900 Census
- Census reports : twelfth census of the United States, taken in the year 1900 / William R. Merriam, director. 16 vols.
United States. Census Office. 12th census, 1900.
HA 201 1900 .B1 - Butler Stacks
Detailed description of 1900 depository print holdings.
The complete set of 1900 census volumes is available in a reprint set, at the call number above.
- New York City: Assembly Districts, map published by the City Reform Club, 1893. For use with V.1, Table 5, pp.280-281.
- 1900 Census: Public Use Sample
Electronic Data Service Service (EDS) Dataset
- 1900 Census of Population and Housing
Most volumes are available in both PDF and ZIP files, from the Census Bureau.
- Census Data for the Year 1900
From the United States Historical Census Data Browser, presented by the University of Virginia. Select variables and display data.
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS)
The IPUMS consists of twenty-five high-precision samples of the American population drawn from thirteen federal censuses, 1850-1990. These samples collectively comprise our richest source of quantitative information on long-term changes in the American population.
1900 Census Questions
- How to Use NARA's Census Microfilm Catalogs
National Archives & Records Administration
- Selected Historical Decennial Census Population and Housing Counts
United States Census Bureau
- Population of the City of New York, 1890-1930.
Cities Census Committee, Inc., New York.
New York City, Cities Census Committee, Inc. <c1932>
HA 730 .N5 C5 1930 - Lehman Reference
HA 730 .N5 C5 1932a - Business Reference
Compiles population data from Federal censuses, 1790-1930, and from New York State censuses, 1855-1925. Contains six general sections: City of New York, Its Regions and the Nation; Population Changes in Census Tracts, 1905-1930; Breakup of Congestion, 1905-1930; Nativity and Color of the City's Population, 1890-1930; Religious Composition of the City, 1855-1930; Distribution by Age-Periods of the City's Population, 1855-1930.
- Dubester's U.S. Census Bibliography with SuDocs Class Numbers and Indexes.
Cook, Kevin L.
Englewood, Colo. : Libraries Unlimited, 1996.
R016.3173 C772 - Butler Reference
Z 7553.C3 C66 1996 - Lehman Reference
Covers the 1790-1940 censuses, with a complete list of all census publications. Particularly useful for identification of the multiplicity of items in censuses after 1870.
- Measuring America: The Decennial Censuses from 1790 to 2000.
Washington : Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, 2002.
HA 37.U55 M376 2002 - Lehman
- Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790 to 1990.
Washington, DC : U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, 1996.
HA 214 .F67 1996g - Lehman Reference
- Population Information in Twentieth Century Census Volumes, 1900-1940.
Phoenix, AZ : Oryx Press, 1985.
R317.3 Sch853 - Butler Reference
Z 7164 .D3 S45 1985 - Lehman Reference
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920.
Baltimore : Genealogical Pub. Co., 1987.
R911 T39 - Butler Reference
HA 217 .T5 1987g - Lehman Reference
Provides maps for each state showing changes in county boundaries for each census.
- Topical Index of Population Census Reports, 1900-1930.
U.S. Bureau of the Census.
Washington, The Bureau, 1934.
R317.3 Un76801 - Butler Reference