Literature & Feminist Criticism
Critical Essays and Journal Articles
- African American Women Writers of the Nineteenth Century
Provides the full-text (and is keyword searchable) to 52 published works from the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, The New York Public Library.
- British Women Romantic Poets, 1789-1832
From the Shields Library, U.C. Davis, has the goal of designing and developing " highly accurate and reliable electronic editions of works published by British women poets between 1789 and 1832" and is "producing an online scholarly archive consisting of E-text editions of poetry by British and Irish women written (not necessarily published) between 1789 (the onset of the French Revolution) and 1832 (the passage of the Reform Act)." Arranged by author.
- Women Writers Online
English & American women writers, 1500-1830.
- Emory Women Writers Resource Project
Edited and unedited texts, seventeenth through the nineteenth century.
Includes texts, reviews, and a discussion list.
- Victorian Women Writers Project
British women writers from the mid- to late- 19th century.
- Women Romantic-Era Writers
A site connecting to late 18th century and 19th century writings. The site also includes links to "Cultural and Visual Resources" and other related links. Maintained by Adriana Craciun.
- Feminist Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Utopia
Links and bibliographic information.
Electronic Resources at Barnard & Columbia
- Afro-American Poetry Database (CD-ROM).
Published poetry from approximately 55 poets between 1760 and 1900.
- The Pennsylvania Gazette, 1728-1783 (CD-ROM).
Leading colonial American Newspaper (full text and facsimiles).
- The Civil War: a Newspaper Perspective (CD-ROM).
American Civil War reportage from the New York Herald, the Richmond Gazette, and the Charleston Mercury.
- English Poetry Full-Text Database (CD-ROM)
Published works of 1,350 English writers from the 7th to the 19th centuries.
- English Verse Drama Full-Text Database (CD-ROM).
585 works by 212 authors from the 16th to the 19th centuries.
- Wife of Bath's prologue (CD-ROM).
Hypertext edition of all 58 pre-1500 manuscripts and printed editions, with transcriptions, collations and digitized images.
- Library of the Future (CD-ROM).
970 literary, philosophical, religious and scientific works by over 1000 authors. English & English translations.
- Past Masters (CD-ROM).
Philosophical texts by Aquinas, Aristotle, Bentham, Berkeley, Decartes, Hobbes, Hume, Leibnitz, Locke, Machiavelli, Mill, Ricardo, Rousseau, Smith, Spinoza & others
- ARTFL: American and French Research on the Treasury of the French Language (online database).
Approximately 2000 French literary, religious, philosophical, political and scientific works from the 17th to 20th centuries. A few medieval and Renaissance texts.
- LIZ: Letteratura Italiana Zanichelli (CD-ROM).
362 works of Italian literature.
- Perseus: Interactive Sources and Studies on Ancient Greece. (CD-ROM).
Hypermedia database of texts, images, maps, and reference sources. (English and Greek.)
- CETEDOC Library of Christian Latin Texts (CD-ROM).
Entire Corpus Christianorum series. Selected works from the Patrologia Latina & other collections
- Patrologia Latina (CD-ROM).
Collection of patristic and medieval Latin ecclesiastical authors, based on the Migne collection.