Printing & Photocopying Services
Printing and photocopying services are available in the Libraries.
- The Libraries and CUIT (Columbia University Information Technology) provide networked laser printers throughout the Libraries. Printing is based on a printing allowance, or quota, system managed by CUIT.
- CUIT provides information about how to use the PawPrint printing system, PawPrint Quick Start Guide, and a full list of Printer Locations
- Photocopiers are available in convenient locations throughout the Libraries. All copiers take Flex dollars. In addition, each of the libraries has at least one coin-operated copier.
Printing in the Libraries
Printing is available in all Columbia University Libraries except Journalism. Double-sided printing is universally available.
Color printing is available in 304 Butler Library and in Lehman Library, 323 International Affairs (single-sided printing only).
CUIT manages the PawPrint system, which provides options for purchasing printing dollars to use when you exceed your print quota. CUIT provides information about your Print Account and Printing History, as well as information about adding print dollars to your account.
- Complete List of Printer Locations (from CUIT)
- Print Services at Journalism, room 106
- Digital Social Sciences Center (DSSC), room 215 Lehman Library in the International Affairs Building
For more detailed information, see our FAQ about Printing in the Libraries.
Photocopying in the Libraries
Photocopying is avalable throughout the libraries and can be paid for using the Flex Account associated with your Columbia University ID or a Flex Card, which can be purchased by visitors. Coin operated copiers are also available. Flex Cards can be purchased at the Flex Value Transfer Station (VTS) vending machines located in Avery Library, Barnard College Library, the Business Library, Butler Library (in 2L1, across from the cafe), Lehman Library, and Teacher's College Library.
Costs of Photocopying:
- letter: $0.10 per page
- 11x17: $0.20 per page
- letter: $0.50 per page
- 11x17: $2.00 per page
Note: The Libraries do not make change. Please bring the appropriate change with you to the library.
For more detailed information, see our FAQ about Photocopying in the Libraries.