Graduate Student Internship Program in Primary Sources
How to apply
Applicants must be currently matriculated graduate or professional students at Columbia University who are continuing their studies in the Fall Semester.
Prospective interns are advised that there are employment limitations for students holding multiple positions at Columbia University. Due to these limitations, students who also hold a teaching appointment or other student officer appointment over the summer may not be eligible for this program. Your department can advise on such limitations.
Terms & Duration
- Six internships are available
- The internship period is June 3-August 30, 2019, for up to 275 hours.
- Interns are expected to work at 20-25 hours per week.
- Interns will be paid $25.00 an hour, and can earn up to $6875 over the course of the internship.
Application materials required
- Current CV
- Your cover letter should include:
- Prior experience (if any) working with primary source materials
- The nature of your interest in the internship
- How the internship might relate to your graduate study
- Advisor's name and contact information
- If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
Applications are closed for 2019. Please check back in 2020 for the next cycle.
- Application materials are due no later than Wednesday April 3, 2019.
- Successful candidates will be notified by early May