Graduate Student Internship Program in Primary Sources
How to apply
Graduate or professional students, currently matriculated at Columbia University, are eligible to apply; however, priority will be given to students enrolled for the full 2018-2019 academic year.
Prospective interns are advised that there are employment limitations for students holding multiple positions at Columbia University. In general, students holding multiple appointments cannot work more than 20 hours per week inclusive of all appointments. Individual departments may impose additional restrictions: please check with your department for information on its policy.
Terms & Duration
- Six internships are available
- June 1, 2018 - May 17, 2019, for up to 375 hours
- The bulk of the work is completed during the summer
- Interns are expected to work at least 20 hours per week during the summer, and during the academic year as their schedules permit
- Interns will be paid $20.00 an hour, and can earn up to $7500 over the course of the internship
Application materials required
- Current CV
- Your cover letter should include:
- Prior experience (if any) working with primary source materials
- The nature of your interest in the internship
- How the internship might relate to your graduate study
- Advisor's name and contact information
- Submit application materials electronically to: email@example.com
- Please use subject line "Internship Program in Primary Sources"
- Application materials are due no later than Monday, April 9, 2018.
- Successful candidates will be notified by early May