About the Butler Reference Collection
- Rooms 301 and 310 house Butler Library's print reference collection.
- The print collection is non-circulating and contains an impressive number of current directories, guides, handbooks, a wide range of language dictionaries, periodical indices from all over the world, and a particularly strong collection of biographical dictionaries.
- The reference desk, located in room 307, is staffed by research librarians who can answer general questions but have particular expertise in the humanities, history, and global studies.
- LibraryWeb stations allow access to numerous databases licensed and owned by Columbia Libraries, including reference materials, full-text documents, indexing and abstracting services, and e-books.
- Get started with your research using CLIO—the Libraries' online catalog—for current holdings. Room 310 also houses the main card catalog for the Columbia University Libraries, an historic record of Columbia University materials.