Teaching & Learning Resources on South Asia
Study Abroad Opportunities for South Asia
Selected Online E-Courses, E-Seminars, Teaching Modules on South Asia
Selected Syllabi for South Asian Studies Courses
South Asian Language Teaching Links
- Some Useful Sources on Hindi/Urdu Language and Literature (Fran Pritchett, Columbia University)
- South Asia Language Resource Center
"...an umbrella under which less-commonly-taught [South Asian] languages are advanced through a coordinated program to improve the national infrastructure for language teaching and learning."
- A Door Into Hindi (Afroz Taj, Triangle South Asia Consortium)
A free, "interactive, multimedia Elementary Hindi learning website" with lessons, instructional videos, etc. Of the projected 24 lessons, only a few are completed and available online with all components (as of February 2004).
- BULPIP: Berkeley Urdu Language Program in Pakistan
- TamilClass.com (extensive online Tamil grammar lessons and related materials, by Sendhil Kumar Cheran).
General Teaching & Learning Resources on South Asia
- Asian Educational Media Service
A vast searchable database of multimedia resources (films, videos, slides, audio cassettes, videodiscs, CD-ROMs, etc.) on all the countries of Asia, geared towards "media materials you can use in learning and teaching about the cultures and peoples of Asia."
- Teaching Contemporary South Asia (The American Forum for Global Education)
An excellent selection of thematically organized primary and secondary source materials -- texts, maps, lesson plans, images, audio files, teachers guides, supplementary readings, and other pedagogical resources -- to enhance teaching about South Asia in the classroom.
- Project South Asia
"A web-based library of post-secondary teaching resources about South Asia" by Missouri Southern State College
- Teaching South Asia. -- [Joplin, Missouri] : Project South Asia, Missouri Southern State College. [ISSN: 1529-8558]. Winter 2001-.
"Published semi-annually, this electronic journal features articles, written by teaching professors from around the world, addressing issues and problems of course and curriculum development relating to South Asia..." Edited by Karl J. Schmidt.
- Satyajit Ray Film & Study Collection (UC Santa Cruz)
Biography, filmography, graphics, bibliographies, awards, etc. on the films of world-renowned filmmaker, Satyajit Ray.
- Public Service Broadcasting Trust - Documentaries (New Delhi)