Library Services for Anthropology, Political Science, Sociology, and SIPA Faculty
General Contact Information
- Lehman Library has a large collection of resources such as databases, electronic journals, books, and periodicals, which support education and research in the departments of Anthropology, Political Science, Sociology, and at the School of International and Public Affairs.
- To access electronic databases click on relevant department or school name on the Lehman Library homepage.
- Numeric and geospatial data resources are supported in Research Data Service
- To search for books or journal titles (not articles) [print or electronic] go to CLIO, the library’s online catalog.
- To suggest possible acquisitions for the library’s collection e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Several weeks before the beginning of the semester, faculty members are contacted by e-mail and asked for a list of materials they wish to be placed on reserve.
CourseWorks Research Guides
- Provide direct access from CourseWorks to databases and sources of library assistance and training
- Geared to the requirements of specific departments or programs
- Contact Amanda Bielskas 4-6767 or email@example.com if you would like create a specific course guide
Application for Deputy Borrower
- Faculty may designate a Deputy Borrower within the Columbia University Libraries system.
- The designated Deputy must possess a valid Columbia University Identification Card with his/her own borrowing privileges. He or she must be a current student or non-casual employee of the University.
- The designated Deputy must have no outstanding Library obligations (fines/fees, non-returned recall items). Any outstanding Library obligation must be satisfied before the request will be processed.
- Faculty accepts full responsibility for all material checked out by the deputy acting on faculty's behalf.
- Deputy borrowing privileges will not be issued or renewed if faculty has any outstanding Library obligations (fines/fees, non-returned recall items).
- Fill out and submit the Deputy Borrower Application Form.
- Contact Library Information Office at (212) 854-7309 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions about deputy borrower privileges.
Columbia Libraries Services & Policies
- Click here for information on access and circulation services and policies throughout Columbia libraries.