9 Weeks to go to July 7th
NEW YORK, May 8, 2003 - This summer, the Libraries will launch a new version of CLIO, our online catalog and the management system that supports circulation, reserves, acquisitions, and cataloging. CLIO is used by all Morningside libraries (except Law and Teachers College) and also includes the collections of Health Sciences and Barnard libraries.
The new CLIO will run on Voyager, from Endeavor Information Systems. Columbia selected Voyager for its strong functionality, stable company profile, and track record in support and product development. Other major research libraries using Voyager include Cornell, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, Yale, Wisconsin, as well as the Library of Congress. The new CLIO is scheduled to "go live" following the July 4 weekend. Some of the features in this new system will allow you to:
- Search for materials at particular library locations such as Butler, Avery, or Chemistry
- Search by journal title or publisher and limit your search to electronic format
- See the items you have checked out, books being held for you, any outstanding fees and place "real time" renewals, recall, and hold requests
- Receive e-mail notices before your books are overdue
- Use "My CLIO" to profile your preferred default settings for searching and display
- Sort and display search results by author, title, or date, and email results or save searches
- Search course reserves from within CLIO by instructor or course number
Watch for weekly notices on the Libraries' progress towards implementing this new system in LibraryWeb NEWS as we continue our "CLIO countdown" to keep you informed over the next 2 months.