Inter-Campus Delivery Service
Please review the guidelines and instructions before continuing:
- Eligible Users
The Inter-Campus Delivery Service is limited to current students, faculty, and staff at Columbia University, Barnard College, and Teachers College having a registered University Network ID ("UNI") and password.
- Eligible Materials
Any circulating book in good condition.
- Non-Eligible Materials
Journals; reserve material from any library; reference material from any library; items from the Butler Media Collection; any materials from the Rare Books & Manuscript Library or other special collections; any materials with the CLIO locations Avery or Fine Arts; any materials from Barnard College collections (temporarily); and materials housed in any of the Libraries' offsite shelving facilities.
- Pickup and Return Locations
The delivery service is only available between libraries on the Morningside Heights campus, the Health Sciences Library at the Irving Medical Center, and the Businesss Library at Manhattanville. Books should be returned to the library where you received them.
- Delivery and Hold Periods
Requested items will be delivered within 3 - 4 business days. Materials will be held for 10 days for pickup.
- Circulation and Renewals
Materials will circulate according to the owning library's policies. Books delivered via the Inter-Campus Delivery Service may be renewed, provided there are no other patrons waiting for the item. (To renew electronically, consult CLIO.)
The standard fines policies of the library that owns the material will apply. Please note that the Health Sciences Library charges fines to all patrons including faculty and officers.
- Request Limits
The Libraries reserve the right to limit the number of requests per day that will be filled for a person, depending on the number of overall requests received and available staff.
How to request book delivery service
- Click the "Continue" button below and authenticate to use the service.
- A CLIO record or citation can be pasted into the Web-based request form.
- After submitting the online request, a confirmation message will appear on the screen. If you do not see this message, please re-submit the request.
- Within 3 - 4 business days, you will receive e-mail notification that the item is available or an explanation if it is not available.
- You may check the status of the item in CLIO at any time.