8. Under “Profiles for ICM” – “Scanner” make sure that the proper input profile is entered.
9. Evaluate Kodak targets for proper tone reproduction. Use the “Curves” and “Levels” tools in Silverfast if needed. In general for reflective material the input profile should give you proper tone reproduction. With color transparencies you may need to adjust depending on the film emulsion.
10. Hit scan button to scan object.
11. The file automatically opens in Photoshop.
12. Perform a quick QC of the image.
13. Cut and Paste the “TechMet” file into the “Description” Box in Photoshop: