Music Library has transferred collections to ReCAP since the facility opened in 2002. Collections include multiple formats: printed text, scores, CDs, cassettes, LPs, laser discs, reel-to-reel, mixed media and other media. It has four corresponding CLIO locations assigned for off-site collections:
- off,mus : general collection of circulating monographs and serials (circ)
- off,msc : general collection of circulating musical scores (circ)
- off,msr : general collection of circulating recorded materials (recording)
- off,mvr : general collection of circulating video recordings (video)
Music Library collections correspond to two different customer codes:
- MR : allow delivery only to Music Library
- CU : allow delivery to all CUL and ReCAP partner libraries
Music Library has progressed through four phases of smart barcoding: 2002 (CU5/MR5), 2005 (CU5/MR5), 2006 (CU6/MR6), 2010 (CU6/MR6), and 2012 (CU/MR). Collections have been transferred from several physical locations: Dodge Hall 8th floor, Prentis, Annex and new acquisitions from MPS via BSP.
On the annual (estimated) ReCAP quotas, Music Library has typically been allocated 5,000 volumes for collection growth offset.