Request via Middleware (SCSB)
All staff, please note:
Requests from ReCAP are now handled via SCSB (the middleware). Please log in here:
If you do not have an account to log in please contact email@example.com.
The Research Collections and Preservation facility (ReCAP) is Columbia University Libraries' off-site shelving facility. Columbia University operates ReCAP jointly with Princeton University and New York Public Library. CUL has accessioned more than 4.6 million books and archives.
This website is intended for staff reference. Create links to public websites and documentation using the Off-site Library Shelving Facility (ReCAP) site on LibraryWeb.
See also: ReCAP Facility Website
- ReCAP Facility Staff
- ReCAP Facility Virtual Tour
Non-Delivery Days for ReCAP
Requests placed before 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday will be filled the following business day; requests placed after 2:30 p.m. will be filled in two business days. More info here.
For more detailed information about changes to ReCAP-related systems and services please see ReCAP Alerts. Entries are organized chronologically.
Questions or comments about obtaining physical or EDD requests from ReCAP should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the ReCAP User Inquiry alias and may be used on all public websites and documentation.
Other questions, comments or suggestions about ReCAP should be directed to Zack Lane, ReCAP Coordinator, at email@example.com and (212) 851-5621.
Transfers, Statistics, & Quotas
- ReCAP Data Center : ReCAP data and statistics includes both raw data and analysis for main categories of service and special projects. Main categories include: accessions, retrieval, delivery and circulation.
- Transfers to ReCAP: Upcoming schedule (subject to change), transfer history and information about transfer/courier services between CUL and ReCAP.
- Department Libraries: Projected accession Quotas for current and past fiscal years. For detailed information on history of ReCAP transfers and special projects see Department Projects section below.
- ReCAP Facility: Customer Code Table, Customer Activity: Columbia University and Columbia Law, Total Accessions and Shelf Space Analysis
Presentations to CUL Staff
Presentations are made before CUL standing committees or departmental staff.
The following are MS PowerPoint files: download PowerPoint Viewer if you do not have MS PowerPoint installed:
- Butler H&H : Request Data/Access Issues, 1/21/10
- Technical Services Librarians : ReCAP Summary, 4/29/10
- Collection Steering : CUL's Increasing Retrieval Rate, 6/9/10
- CCMSCC: Review of Current Projects, 12/13/10
- Management Committee : ReCAP Data Summary, 4/5/11
- Access Services Coordinating Committee : ReCAP Data Summary, 8/23/11
- CCLIP Brown Bag : Updates and Data Analysis, 1/24/12
- Access Services Coordinating Committee : ReCAP Data Summary, 7/31/11