Science & Engineering Libraries
Science & Engineering Libraries have transferred collections to ReCAP since the opening of ReCAP in 2002. Collections include multiple formats. They have several CLIO locations assigned for off-site collections:
- off,bio : Biology Library general collections (closed)
- off,che : Chemistry Library general collections (closed)
- off,eng : Engineering Library general collections
- off,glg : Geology Library general collections
- off,gsc : Geoscience Library general collections
- off,mat : Mathematics Library general collections
- off,phy : Physics Library general collections (closed)
- off,psy : Psychology Library general collections (closed)
- off,sci : History of Science collection and miscellaneous
Science/Engineering collections correspond to two different customer codes:
- CU : allow delivery to all CUL and ReCAP partner libraries
- CR : allow delivery to all CUL libraries
There have been changes in the operation of several Science libraries in the past few years. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Psychology closed in 2009. The books formerly held by them are now refered to as "collections."
Engineering Library has progressed through several phases of smart barcoding. Collections have been transferred from several physical locations: Engineering, Prentis, Annex and new acquisitions from MPS via BSP.
On the annual (estimated) ReCAP quotas, Science & Engineering Libraries have typically been allocated 50,000 volumes for collection growth offset.
CLIO Location Displays
- off,bio off,che off,eng off,glg off,gsc off,mat off,phy off,psy and off,sci
Corresponds to customer codes CU and CR. Deliverable to all libraries; circulating.
- CLIO location eng,anx was used for Dewey-classed items transferred out of Engineering to Brewster during renovation work in 2003. Items not found or processed for ReCAP were batch suppressed in 2005. Many were charged to MATOB status patron GLXMSBC004. Discharged in June 2010.
- CLIO location eng,anx2 is used as a transitional location for items sent to ReCAP
- sci originally was the History of Science collection, as well as being a dumping ground for overcrowded libraries. It was trimmed down with a ReCAP project in 2006 and in 2010 the remaining items were merged into the Mathematics (flipped to mat).
- sci is now the consolidation of bio, che, phy, psy. There was a ReCAP project in 2012 to weed out low-use items. Currently a project is underway to transfer high-use items from the Engineering collection before that collection is sent to ReCAP and that library closed.
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science (processed/transfered Fall 2006)
- Proceedings of the SPIE, Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings (processed/transfered Fall 2008)
ReCAP Statistics FY13 (.pptx) : Engineering, Geology, Geoscience, Mathematics, and overall Sciences & Engineering
ReCAP Statistics: Sciences/Engineering, 10/18/2012 Summarizes main data categories for all Sciences and Engineering collections. Includes charts to visualize activity by fiscal year and monthly. Includes request rate by collection.
ReCAP Statistics: Sciences/Engineering, 8/5/2011 Summarizes main data categories for all Sciences and Engineering collections. Includes charts to visualize activity by fiscal year and monthly.
ReCAP Statistics: Sciences/Engineering, 12/15/2010 Summarizes main data categories for all Sciences and Engineering collections. Includes charts to visualize activity by fiscal year and monthly.
ReCAP Statistics: Geology/Geoscience, 9/10/2009 Basic summary of accessions from Geology and Geoscience.
Sciences/Engineering Circulation Data : Updated through FY13. Summary of circulation activity of Science and Enginnering collections and corresponding happening location, including system-wide data. Primarily concerned with on-campus collections.
- Engineering (.pptx)
- Geology (.pptx)
- Geoscience (.pptx)
- Mathematics (.pptx)
- Sciences (.pptx)
Science & Engineering-owned collections that have been transfered to the ReCAP facility.
Total items requested from Science & Engineering-owned collections at ReCAP.
Items physically delivered to the Sciences' circulation desks. Includes items from all ReCAP collections, not only Science & Engineering-owned.
Total number of EDD (electronic document delivery) requests for Science & Engineering collections. A subset of total "Requests."
|Request Rate = 0.97%|
Obsolete CLIO Locations
In early phases of ReCAP transfers, location xxx,anx2 was used as a transitional location for collections going to Offsite.
|CLIO Location||Total Items||Date Resolved|
ReCAP User Inquiry Alias: firstname.lastname@example.org
ReCAP Access Supervisor: Holly Kozlowski
Phone: (212) 851-5621